An easy loop along Retord Plateau taking you past the "Gouffre de la Bauche" sinkhole and the "Crêt du Nu" viewpoint.
Calculated time is computed with the distance, the height difference, and an average speed of 2.2 mph. For an intermediate walker, this time includes small breaks.
(D) Starting out from the Biathlon stadium at Plans d’Hotonnes.
(1) Take the path to the south towards l’Oreille, go past the farm and carry on due east until you reach the "Tour du Valromey" which takes you under the power lines.
(2) Continue northeast for 300m then turn left and head due north until you reach the "Croix des Terments."
(3) Take the GR9 to the north until you reach the "Ferme du Tumet", making a short detour on your way (return trip) to the "Crêt du Nu" viewpoint (4). Be careful as this little path on the right is not very well marked.
(5) In "Tumet" turn left and continue southwest along the footpath which takes you within 200m of the “Grange à Lucien.” Carry straight on until you reach the crossing where you will need to head due east to reach the "Gouffre de le Bauche" (6), a site that is not very impressive and that is hard to find.
(7) Carry on southwest again towards "Granges Charpy" and then carry on down the path until you reach the tarmacked road, then cross the D396 to reach the biathlon stadium.
D/A : km 0 - alt. 1041m
1 : km 0.05 - alt. 1041m
2 : km 2.04 - alt. 1163m
3 : km 3.44 - alt. 1206m
4 : km 5.74 - alt. 1349m - "Crêt du Nu" viewpoint
5 : km 8.27 - alt. 1237m
6 : km 10.76 - alt. 1296m
7 : km 11.55 - alt. 1242m
D/A : km 14.69 - alt. 1041m
Visorando and this author cannot be held responsible in the case of accidents or problems occuring on this walk.
A summit and vistas in a site dominated by pastures.
Nice looped hiking trail mostly in the undergrowth where you can see pretty views like Val du Fier's canyon, the river Rhône downstream Seyssel or the lovely ruined Saint André's chapel overlooking Albanais' plains.
A loop above lake Bourget for a late afternoon walk.
A walk amid historical sites and beautiful viewpoints.
For more walks, use our search engine.
The GPS track and description are the property of the author.