Marked hike N°2.
A hike in the heart of the birthplace of Colette. Through woods and passing by ponds, often described in her work.
Calculated time is computed with the distance, the height difference, and an average speed of 2.2 mph. For an intermediate walker, this time includes small breaks.
(S/F) Start at «Place du Château» («Place Blanche» car park) in Saint-Sauveur-en-Puisaye. Head off to rue de la Roche that you'll take to the right and then branch off left down Rue Colette.
(1) Take the first right, Rue des Gros Bonnets. Go straight on past the post office on your left and when you get to the intersection with Rue Gerbaude continue along this road leaving the war memorial on your left.
(2) Pass the main crossing taking the road towards Toucy. During the climb, ignore Rue des Chats. About 100m further on, enter the stadium, go along the hedge bordering the road and down the path on the left (between the changing rooms and tennis courts) arriving on a narrow road.
(3) Head right, going past «camping Joumiers», ignore the farm on the right and take the first path on the left. This path leads to the D7. Turn right then left towards «Ronchères». At the next crossroads go right and continue for 200m before taking a path on the left which ends up on a little road that leads to a few houses and ends in front of the woods.
(4) Take the dirt track that enters the underwood which, in places, follows the enclosure of the estate on the right. At the first crossroads turn right.
(5) Leave the track to turn left onto a path that ends up on the D7. Take the tarmac road opposite, pass through the «étang des Barres» dike (also called «étang des Gouttes»).
(6) At the large curve that this little road forms, take the path that goes right. The path leads to the D955.
(7) Cross the road carefully to get to the path on the other side. Once you get to the outskirts of St.-Sauveur, at the end of this path and turn right heading downhill. Take the road towards «Ouanne» (on the left) for 50m.
(8) Enter the park along the alley bordered by lime trees on each side. Pass by the foot of «Tour Sarrazine», and the Colette Museum to reach the car park.
D/A : km 0 - alt. 268m - Musée Colette
1 : km 0.12 - alt. 262m - Maison natale de Colette
2 : km 0.61 - alt. 249m - Impluvium wash-house - Lavoir de la Gerbaude
3 : km 1.55 - alt. 247m - Small road after the stadium
4 : km 2.06 - alt. 241m - Camping des Joumiers (Saint-Sauveur-en-Puisaye)
5 : km 3.28 - alt. 243m
6 : km 5.29 - alt. 267m - The path leads heads off to the right through the
7 : km 6.19 - alt. 276m - Leave the main path and take a left
8 : km 8.72 - alt. 241m - Leave the road to take a right
9 : km 10.11 - alt. 265m - Cross over of main road
10 : km 11.28 - alt. 287m - Entrance before the great gate
D/A : km 11.64 - alt. 268m - Musée Colette
The markup is provided by the Association A chacun son chemin en Puisaye-Forterre following the graphical charter of the Community of Communes of Puisaye-Forterre in the way of the description and bears N°2. The presence of the markup, however, requires that you leave at least with this description and the attached IGN map.
In case of problems, thank you for completing this questionnaire (1 to 2 minutes only).
For further information : Tourist Office de puisaye-Forterre
Visorando and this author cannot be held responsible in the case of accidents or problems occuring on this walk.
Nearby - To visit :
The village of St-Sauveur, Tour Sarrasine, Colette Museum.
The house, birthplace of Colette (1) is located on «rue Colette». Visits upon reservation.
Possible visit during the trip to the Impluvium wash-house (2).
Global average : 2.33/5
Number of opinions : 1
Description quality : 2/5
Routemap quality : 4/5
Walk interest : 1/5
We are sorry to read that. Feel free to suggest any modification to improve the description quality. (What was unclear ? Where ? What do you think is better to say ? etc.)
Aurélie - Community manager.
Global average : 2.33 / 5
Date of walk
Description quality : Disappointing
Routemap quality : Good
Walk interest : Very disappointing
My wife and I did this walk yesterday – it was a beautiful sunny Spring day – idyllic walking weather - however this walk was quite disappointing. Very little of interest to view apart from the beautiful lake – Etangs des Gouttes.
The walk was littered with fallen saplings and branches so our progress was inhibited. Also many of the woodland paths were very muddy in parts despite the recent dry weather –it must be a quagmire in wet weather. Other walkers informed us that the paths are used by motocross blaggards who churn up the paths with their scramblers – outrageous. Overall the route path is not at all maintained by the local authorities which is quite remiss.
Also a distinct lack of any facilities for walkers to sit and take refreshments – only one rickety old bench by the lakeside over the course of the whole 12 kms route – not at all conducive to attracting walkers.
The village of Saint-Sauveur-en-Puisaye is lovely and quite unspoilt and the Musée de Colette is excellent – but we sadly cannot recommend this walk.
Marked hike N°1.
This trail, dedicated to Colette, was opened in 1993 by the pupils of the Colette college of Saint-Sauveur en Puisaye. Along this trail, everything recalls the works of this author, born in Saint-Sauveur en Puisaye in 1873. The author has described her birthplace so well - that even though she has given other names to the villages and characters, you can sense her literature at every corner.
Marked hike N°44.
Across the woods and the fields, passing the ponds, you will discover areas where the earth has been shaped into artistic creations and pottery.
Marked hike N°7.
This hike is themed by springs and wash-houses. The water flowing from the springs supplies the groundwater of the Parisian Basin on the one hand, and the Seine by way of the Loing River on the other hand. It’s a very well-marked path (#7), through an unspoiled natural environment. This track can also be done on horseback or mountain bike. It is listed on the departmental walking and hiking map (PDIPR) established by the department of the Yonne.
Marked hike N°24.
Leaving from the fairground, you will walk along paths that have a mysterious past and are steeped in legends.
Market circuit n°23.
In an hour walking, rendezvous in the 13th century, on a legendary path and meet the middle-age castles builders.
Discover the flora and fauna that populate these old swamps that have shaped the environment of this lake, surrounded by woods and forests.
Marked hike N°8.
You will see no less than 8 fountains and 6 wash-houses on this rather easy hike, ideal for family walks. A few picnics spots are available here and there, to take a break and enjoy a relaxing moment (Fountain of the Moon, of the Pisserotte .....) Even though there are some hills along the way, it is a very pleasant walk with a lot of historical heritage spots to be discovered.
Also good for mountain biking.
A rather short bucolic walk.
Le Tacot path passes nearby the ochre and clay quarries where a protected species of toad "Le sonneur à ventre jaune", the yellow bellied toad hides away. Easily identified thanks to its yellow and black striped belly, and its heart-shaped pupils, no doubt, remnants of its prince charming days..... Its bright yellow colour, signifying toxicity is a means of protection against its predators.
For more walks, use our search engine.
The GPS track and description are the property of the author.