A nice family-friendly walk in the forest which starts from Duzon bridge leading to a galaxy of stones at the Cuves de Duzon, a geological curiosity. The river has effectively bored out several “cauldrons" and flows through a narrow crevice that the path follows.
Calculated time is computed with the distance, the height difference, and an average speed of 2.2 mph. For an intermediate walker, this time includes small breaks.
Car park: Duzon car park just before the bridge (S) on the D534 between Tournon-sur-Rhone and Lamastre.
Take the wide path from the other side of the road (do not cross the bridge).
(1) Arrive at Grange de Vaures (a set of houses and buildings). At the fork, take the right path slightly downwards and continue straight on the same road. At the intersection of marker 291, continue right to reach a new fork.
(2) Pass by the path up to the left and continue down to the Douzon.
(3) At the end of the descent, take the path that starts on the left that leads to the Cuves du Duzon.
(4) For those who want to see the Duzon from another angle head back to (3) and continue as far as the ford (5). Retrace your steps.
(3) The return route is by the same path as on the way out
A lovely walk
D/A : km 0 - alt. 181m
1 : km 1.86 - alt. 269m - Turn right
2 : km 3.22 - alt. 262m - Turn right
3 : km 3.68 - alt. 190m - Access to the Cuves du Duzon
4 : km 3.87 - alt. 213m - End of the trail
5 : km 4.44 - alt. 182m - The ford
D/A : km 8.52 - alt. 182m
The best place for a snack break is definitely along the Duzon on the rocks at the Cuves du Duzon between points (3) and (4).
We advise taking IGN maps with you on this walk. Click here to buy : 3035SB.
Visorando and this author cannot be held responsible in the case of accidents or problems occuring on this walk.
Not far away, the town of Tournon-sur-Rhône os worth a visit and a stroll along the banks of the Rhone.
There also the option to take the "Mastrou" Ardeche tourist train.
Over the Rhone balconies between grape vines and apricot trees, with pretty little streams.
A lovely hike offering beautiful views of the Rhône Valley, the Alps and the Ardèche. A 15-minute drive from Valence, this hike leads you around the beautiful surroundings of this small village. Note that Saint-Romain-de-Lerps is one of the classic walks in the area, because there is a beautiful lookout point with a chapel, 2 orientation tables and a picnic area alongside.
Hike near the Rhône, to the north of Ardèche. You will be surprised to find areas that are this "wild" so close to the Rhône Valley (Ardennes). At the end, the view of the Rhône and the Arras tower is a definite plus.
A ride on the peaks of the Massif de Crussol, 20 minutes from Valencia via the castle.
Climb and ramble along the ridges above Annonay. Beautiful view of the Alps and Pilat.
For more walks, use our search engine.
The GPS track and description are the property of the author.