Start : Refugio Elisabetta [https://www.rifugioe...] in Lex Blanche, on the Tour Mont Blanc.
(S) From the Refugio Elisabetta, head downhill following the TMB signs, passing Lex Blanche.
(1) Continue East for the most part, crossing a stream then heading downhill.
(2) Continue hugging the mountain that rises to the right to pass a marshy area and a small lake.
(3) Where the path splits at Val Veny, take the right-hand and ascending path. The track climbs slowly but surely to reach the Arp Vieille Inferiore where the path turns right (South-East) to climb more directly the steep mountainside.
(4) Cross over the stream that comes pouring down the mountain to continue the steep climb as far as Arp Vieille Superiore.
(5) At about 2,340m (having climbed about 300m from the valley) the track swings left, climbing more gently to reach 2,430m and go round the bluff to the right.
(6) The path descends slowly to reach a stream at about 2,330m and heads down to a small lake.
(7) The path drops down again to cross the Torrent du Blessu and heads North-East above the tree cover to enter the ski area around the Lago Chécrouit.
(8) Our route crosses the ski runs and goes under the chairlifts to enter the trees before reaching the Col Chécrouit.
(9) Our route continues to head downhill past Maison Vieille and a number of other buildings related to the ski resort.
(10) Dropping down from the buildings, follow the TMB signs to walk under the chairlift Pra Neyron and to enter the trees keeping parrallel to the forest road. The path takes us close to Plan Chécrouit but continues to drop, zig-zagging downhill through the trees and into the Dolonne district.
(11) Our route now is pretty straight forward, down Str. Checrouit y Vicolo Du Lavoir before turning left onto Str. Vittoria. Continue along Str. Dolonne to cross the river Dora Bàltea.
(12) Continue on this road round to the right to go under the main road and reach a large roundabout.
(13) Bear left up Via Croux then left again up to Hotel Croux in Courmayeur (E).