Start at Place de la Résistance (car park).
(S/E) Turn left onto Rue des Capucins, cross it and take Rue Gambetta opposite, which runs alongside the Courtines leat. Turn left onto Rue de Laignelet, then walk along the right-hand side of Place de la République, where the Tourist Office is located.
(1) At the end of the square, take the Truchebeuf footbridge over the Ignon, turn right onto Rue Poinsot and head towards another footbridge. After crossing it, turn left and walk 100 metres along Rue Félix Lechenet.
(2) Turn right onto Rue de la Rochotte and continue along this street until you reach the ‘Stop’ sign on the D 959.
(3) Cross this road and then follow it on the right past Transports Cordier. Opposite the ‘end of built-up area’ sign, turn left onto a path leading into the woods. At the Fork in the road, veer left.
(4) At the crossroads, take the path on the left which climbs gently up to the Chemin des Carrières.
(5) Take a sharp left-hand bend and walk past the quarries where ‘Pierre d’Is-sur-Tille’ stone was once quarried (private property). Continue along Rue des Carrières, followed by Rue François Rude.
(6) Cross the medieval defensive ditch via the Porte de Langres bridge and take Rue Pasteur. Continue to Place Jean Durant (a Protestant pastor in Is from 1623 to 1678).
(7) Turn right onto Quai Miton (named after the parish priest who founded the first hospice in 1412). Turn right and walk a few dozen metres along Ruelle Saint-Antoine, then turn left into Ruelle de Graviers, which leads onto Rue des Capucins.
(8) Follow it to the left to reach the car park situated a little further on to the right (S/E).