The walk starts from Ryal Fold, Tockholes Road and follows the anticlockwise circular route via Duckshaw Moor, Darwin Tower and Earnsdale Reservoir.
Calculated time is computed with the distance, the height difference, and an average speed of 2.2 mph. For an intermediate walker, this time includes small breaks.
(D/A) Start from Royal Arms Pub at Ryal Fold. Take the road south past car park. At the north end of Stepback Valley. Follow track south-east through the wood
(1) Follow the gentle track along Stepback Brook. Follow the track south beside the brook. Take; gate across the path on top of the moor. Follow path northeast.
(2) Follow the path above Higher Wenshead towards the tower.
(3) Follow track north downhill
(4) Take track west onto Witton Weavers Way. Follow the road west beside Tockhole Road Cottage.
(5) Take path west at the north end of the reservoir. Turn south along the main road.
(6) Turn east off the main road down Pleasant View. Take footpath south along the field boundary. Use stile to join a farm track. Follow the track south through farm buildings back to pub.(D/A)
D/A : km 0 - alt. 259m - Ryal Fold
1 : km 0.92 - alt. 309m - Step Back Valley
2 : km 1.76 - alt. 365m - Duckshaw Moor
3 : km 3.41 - alt. 368m - Jubilee Tower
4 : km 4.19 - alt. 266m - Turn Lane
5 : km 5.14 - alt. 221m - Earnsdale Reservoir
6 : km 6.09 - alt. 241m - Pleasant View
D/A : km 6.97 - alt. 259m - Ryal Fold
Food and drink available in Ryal Fold.
Parking at start.
More details : http://www.graemelinford.com/walks/Jubil...
Visorando and this author cannot be held responsible in the case of accidents or problems occuring on this walk.
The walk starts from Dean Lane off Tockholes Road and follows anticlockwise the circular route via Earnsdale Reservoir, Sunnyhurst Wood and Darwen Golf Course.
The walk starts Abbey Village main St A675 (Bolton Road) and follows clockwise circular route via Abbey Village, Rake Brook, Roddlesworth Lower and Higher Reservoirs.
The walk starts from Stockclough Lane and follows an anticlockwise circular route via Stanworth Wood, Abbeyvillage and Tockholes.
The walk starts from White Coppice cricket ground and follows the clockwise circular route via Wheelton Moor, Tockholes Plantation and Great Hill.
Walk starts from Witton Park car park and follows anti clockwise circular route via Billinge Wood, Houghton Bottoms and Pleasington.
This walk visits the three large reservoirs and an area of moorland to the north of Bolton.
The walk starts from Osbaldestone Green and follows the anticlockwise circular route via banks of River Ribble.
The walk starts from Baker Brow above Ribchester Bridge and follows a clockwise circular route via Dinckley Bridge.
For more walks, use our search engine.
The GPS track and description are the property of the author.