Walk starts from Witton Park car park and follows anti clockwise circular route via Billinge Wood, Houghton Bottoms and Pleasington.
Calculated time is computed with the distance, the height difference, and an average speed of 2.2 mph. For an intermediate walker, this time includes small breaks.
Park at Witton Country Park car park.
(D/A) Take the path north towards pavilion and cafe. Visitor centre northwest of the pavilion is worth a visit. Take path east behind the pavilion. Visitor centre north-west of the pavilion is worth a visit. Take the path north up the hill at end of the lily pond. Take the bridge over the stream and follow the path uphill Exit wood via gate, head north across the field to Under Billinge Lane.
(1) Cross road, turn west towards entrance into the wood. Follow track north West up the hill through Billinge Wood. Cross Lane to take the path west towards the brow of Yellow Hills. Continue on the path west across the field.
(2) Take track south to the edge of coppice then path south-west through coppice to the stile. Take path west across the field to Woodcock Hill Road. Cross road to take the path across the field towards the east side of Close Farm.
(3) Take path south-west behind the farm. Follow the path south along the east bank of River Darwen. Take track south towards Lowe Park Farm then behind the farm and down to the river. Take lane south-east to bend in the river. Take the path south along the east of the river to the bridge.
(4) Take track south-east to the edge of Pleasington Golf Course. Leave farm track and follow the footpath east along the hedge to a stile. Follow the path on the south side of the wall to stile leaving to field.
(5) Take stile into a field and head east on the north side of the boundary towards houses. Follow the road east, cross Victoria Road and take track east along the side of Pleasington Priory.
(6) Take the road east to bridge over River Darwen. Follow the path along the south of River Darwen. Cross bridge into Witton park. Take path east back to the car park.(D/A)
D/A : km 0 - alt. 92m - Witton Country Park car park
1 : km 1.32 - alt. 176m - Billinge Lane
2 : km 2.77 - alt. 169m - School Moor Farm
3 : km 3.71 - alt. 139m - Close Farm
4 : km 5.13 - alt. 61m - River Darwen
5 : km 5.99 - alt. 64m - Stone Bridge
6 : km 8.22 - alt. 88m - Sports Ground
D/A : km 9.47 - alt. 93m - Witton Country Park car park
Food and drink available in Witton Park and Pleasington.
Parking at start.
More details : http://www.graemelinford.com/walks/witto...
Visorando and this author cannot be held responsible in the case of accidents or problems occuring on this walk.
The walk starts from Stockclough Lane and follows an anticlockwise circular route via Stanworth Wood, Abbeyvillage and Tockholes.
The walk starts from Dean Lane off Tockholes Road and follows anticlockwise the circular route via Earnsdale Reservoir, Sunnyhurst Wood and Darwen Golf Course.
The walk starts Abbey Village main St A675 (Bolton Road) and follows clockwise circular route via Abbey Village, Rake Brook, Roddlesworth Lower and Higher Reservoirs.
The walk starts from Ryal Fold, Tockholes Road and follows the anticlockwise circular route via Duckshaw Moor, Darwin Tower and Earnsdale Reservoir.
The walk starts from Osbaldestone Green and follows the anticlockwise circular route via banks of River Ribble.
The walk starts from Baker Brow above Ribchester Bridge and follows a clockwise circular route via Dinckley Bridge.
The walk starts Ribchester Arms, Ribchester and follows clockwise circular route via Duddle Wood, Higher Hud and River Ribble.
The walk starts from White Coppice cricket ground and follows the clockwise circular route via Wheelton Moor, Tockholes Plantation and Great Hill.
For more walks, use our search engine.
The GPS track and description are the property of the author.