The walk starts from White Coppice cricket ground and follows the clockwise circular route via Wheelton Moor, Tockholes Plantation and Great Hill.
Calculated time is computed with the distance, the height difference, and an average speed of 2.2 mph. For an intermediate walker, this time includes small breaks.
(D/A) Starting from cricket club follow path to gate at east side of ground..Take path north along west bank of river. Follow track along 'The Goit' to Trigg Lane.
(1) Follow path along east boundary fence then via ruin. Follow path east passing small quary until reach 'Wheelton Moor' track.
(2) Go north along track, cross road down to 'Brinscall'.
(3) Follow path around ruin, take path north east along wall. Path heads towards 'Darwin Tower' in the distance. Head to south end of small plantation.
(4) Cross bridge and take path south east across fields leading to gate above farm.
(5) Take track from farm to A675. Cross road to footpath 50 meters South. Follow path through wood. Follow path south through wood. At Mill Lane follow path along stream with waterfalls back to main road.
(6) Cross road and travel south to footpath on west side of road. Take path south west towards summit. Take track to top of Great Hill, excellent 360 degree views from summit. Take paved path west down hill.
(7) At Drinkwaters ruin follow path west down hill. Branch south west off main track.
(8) From quarry follow path down hill to bridge over 'The Goit' until you're back at the start.(D/A)
D/A : km 0 - alt. 151m - Cricket club
1 : km 1.57 - alt. 161m - Trigg Lane
2 : km 2.57 - alt. 280m - Brinscall
3 : km 3.38 - alt. 249m - Ruin
4 : km 4.87 - alt. 227m - Bridge
5 : km 5.96 - alt. 244m - A675
6 : km 7.23 - alt. 258m - Main Road
7 : km 9.65 - alt. 336m - Drinkwaters
8 : km 10.67 - alt. 267m - Quarry
D/A : km 12.02 - alt. 151m - Cricket club
Food and drink available in cricket clubhouse at weekends.
Parking at start.
More details : http://www.graemelinford.com/walks/Great...
Visorando and this author cannot be held responsible in the case of accidents or problems occuring on this walk.
The walk starts Abbey Village main St A675 (Bolton Road) and follows clockwise circular route via Abbey Village, Rake Brook, Roddlesworth Lower and Higher Reservoirs.
The walk starts from Ryal Fold, Tockholes Road and follows the anticlockwise circular route via Duckshaw Moor, Darwin Tower and Earnsdale Reservoir.
The walk starts from Dean Lane off Tockholes Road and follows anticlockwise the circular route via Earnsdale Reservoir, Sunnyhurst Wood and Darwen Golf Course.
The walk starts from Stockclough Lane and follows an anticlockwise circular route via Stanworth Wood, Abbeyvillage and Tockholes.
Walk starts from Witton Park car park and follows anti clockwise circular route via Billinge Wood, Houghton Bottoms and Pleasington.
This walk visits the three large reservoirs and an area of moorland to the north of Bolton.
The walk starts from Penwortham water tower(01 Start on map) and follows the anticlockwise circular route via River Ribble, Howick Cross and Blashaw Wood.
The walk starts from Osbaldestone Green and follows the anticlockwise circular route via banks of River Ribble.
For more walks, use our search engine.
The GPS track and description are the property of the author.