Beautiful climb up the southern slopes of Mont Ventoux from the hamlet of Sainte Colombe 4 km from Bédoin.
Calculated time is computed with the distance, the height difference, and an average speed of 2.2 mph. For an intermediate walker, this time includes small breaks.
To the hamlet of Sainte Colombe which is 4 km from Bédoin on the D974 (the road up to the summit of Mont Ventoux by Chalet Reynard).
Car park in this hamlet along the road in front of the restaurant.
(S) Leave the car park and cross the road towards the restaurant and then go down to the left for 50 metres, heading right at the next street (Chemin des Fébriers and Chemin du Ventoux) right behind the restaurant. Follow the yellow markings and head towards the cemetery.
(1) After making your way around, the path turns right uphill, pas by all paths to the right and left until the “Les Constants” crossing.
(2) Turn left towards "La Combe Ansis" on the GR91. Some 200 m further on, towards "La Combe Ansis", turn right in the direction of "Guibert" “Le Mont Ventoux" (yellow markings). Climb up into the valley for 2.5 km as far as a sign for "Guibert".
(3) Continue climbing straight ahead in the direction of "Combe Fiole" “Le Mont Ventoux".
The trail will cut across a forest road and will continue to go straight. The path will be steeper and will lead to a forest road.
(4) Turn left, as indicated by the signs. 50 m away, a bend marks the start of the "Combe Fiole Nord" “Le Mont Ventoux" (keep a little to the left on the road to find the sign). Head right on the road that climbs towards "Petit Pierre" “Le Mont Ventoux". There just remains 5.5 km until the summit!!!
The trail will pass next to ruined buildings then rises again and again to lead a track at the "Petit Pierre".
(5) Continue left towards the "Jas des Pélerins" “Le Mont Ventoux" for 300 m as far as the sign that reads "Jas des Pélerins".
(6) Continue right towards “La Chapelle Sainte Victoire" on the trail that heads right and goes up to the Jas. Take care when following the yellow trail to the left of the Jas because other markings pass by the Jas on the right.
The trail will then lead towards the summit and quickly arrives at the summit’s scree. Follow the main track ignoring all other trails.
Once in the chapel, follow the signs for the summit.
(7) Take the time for a short tour of Mont Ventoux to enjoy the magnificent 360° views.
The return journey will follow the same trail as the climb up Jas des Pélerins.
(6) Once past the Jas, head down to the forest road and head to the left for 50 m to find two cairns that lead downhill to the right onto the slope. This path leads to the Fiole valley.
Once in the valley, a cairn leads down to the right. It will, once again, follow the path taken on the ascent, leading to the bottom of the valley, on a paved forest road. Head left for 50 m.
(4) A sign indicates the direction "Jas de la Couanche". Take this path up to the left, marked in red and white (GR91B).
(8) Once you have arrived at the Jas, at the sign, leave the GR and take the yellow path down to the right in the direction of "Saint Estève" “Les Cèdres".
When the path has cut the road twice, this will be the beginning of the Cédraie Bédoin. Continue downhill on the main road, the one marked in yellow, but some sections of wood have markings that are further apart.
(9) At the sign for “Les Cèdres" continue the descent straight ahead in the direction of "Saint Estève" “Les Pins de Constant". Ignore all the other trails and keep to the markings.
(10) Once at a forest road, at the sign for “Les Pins de Constant", turn right on the GR route towards “Les Constants".
(2) At the “Les Constants” crossing, leave the GR to go left downhill following the yellow markings towards Sainte Colombe.
(1) Turn left, pass the cemetery and find the car park from the start.
D/A : km 0 - alt. 459m
1 : km 0.33 - alt. 467m - Turn right on the path
2 : km 0.84 - alt. 518m - Les Constants, turn left
3 : km 3.69 - alt. 852m - Guibert
4 : km 5.57 - alt. 1149m - Turn left on the forestry road
5 : km 7.98 - alt. 1531m - Petit Pierre, turn left
6 : km 8.27 - alt. 1518m - Jas des Pélerins, turn right
7 : km 10.59 - alt. 1888m - Mont Ventoux
8 : km 15.89 - alt. 1139m - Jas de la Couanche, turn right
9 : km 17.77 - alt. 884m - Les Cèdres
10 : km 20.6 - alt. 526m - The pines of Constant, turn right
D/A : km 21.92 - alt. 459m
Just after point (6) the markings do not appear on the map, but are present on the route.
Visorando and this author cannot be held responsible in the case of accidents or problems occuring on this walk.
This hike on the southern slope of Mont Ventoux, narrow, wooded and always chilly, carved out by capricious waters, leads to a vast panoramic view.
Take a walk between Mormoiron and Villes-sur-Auzon on the trails of old ochre quarries.
Discover the vegetation's biodiversity of the Mont Ventoux.
From Bedoin, take the road (by car) leading to the Mont Ventoux.
Cross the remarkable cedar's forest then the beech forest will appear.
Continue (approx. 10km) until you find a car park on the right-hand side. (Jas des Melettes)
A beautiful round trip leading to the summit and back along the crests.
A hike against the backdrop of Mont Ventoux and the Dentelles de Montmirail, taking you through the village of Barroux to admire the castle and the beautiful views of the valley. The walk then continues past Paty lake and chapel.
Starting from Sainte-Madeleine Abbey at Barroux, this is quite a wild route offering many views over Mont Ventoux, the Dentelles de Montmirail and the surrounding plains.
The Nesque River gorges and the Saint Michel chapel starting from the Bourget Lake in Monieux.
A short loop to discover these two characteristic rock formations as well as Saint-Christophe's Chapel, which protects the site, taking a less conventional route.
For more walks, use our search engine.
The GPS track and description are the property of the author.