The village of Portè is a well-known holiday destination in the Alta Cerdanya. Many routes are available in its surroundings, hiking the mountains or connecting the nearby lakes. This is probably the most classical one, visiting the Font Viva lake, under the shadows of the Carlit peak (2921 m.). There, you may find many water sources and falls, pines and flowers, wild and domestic animals.
Calculated time is computed with the distance, the height difference, and an average speed of 2.2 mph. For an intermediate walker, this time includes small breaks.
(D/A) You may park your vehicle for free in a large area after Passet lake. Follow the indications to start the route.
(1) Though the woods you will eventually cross the river through a wooden bridge.
(2) At the crossing, turn left, leaven the PR® track.
(3) At the next crossing, rejoin the PR® track.
(4) Font Viva lake. A bath is nearly mandatory
(5) Rec de Lanós fall. Cross the small bridges there. Views are spectacular.
(6) Crossing. Be sure that you turn to the right, unless you want to go up the Carlit peak. You are back to the departure area.(D/A)
D/A : km 0 - alt. 1729m - Parking
1 : km 0.14 - alt. 1746m - Wooden bridge over the "rec de l'estany"
2 : km 0.51 - alt. 1835m - Crossing (go to the left)
3 : km 1.12 - alt. 1894m - Crossing (go ahead)
4 : km 1.67 - alt. 1897m - Font Viva lake
5 : km 2.56 - alt. 1865m - Rec de Lanós fall
6 : km 2.91 - alt. 1888m - Crossing (go to the right)
D/A : km 5.13 - alt. 1730m - Parking
You will find small fountains all around the route.
A swim in the Font Viva lake is strongly recommended.
You may find further information in https://www.cerdanya.eu/2019/07/25/tc118...
Visorando and this author cannot be held responsible in the case of accidents or problems occuring on this walk.
The GPS track and description are the property of the author.