This walk starts from Wilmslow Park and follow River Bollin to Handforth.
Calculated time is computed with the distance, the height difference, and an average speed of 2.2 mph. For an intermediate walker, this time includes small breaks.
(D/A) This walk starts in Wilmslow Park at the bridge over the River Bollin. Continue through Wilmslow Park up the hill and turn left at Adlington Road.
(1) Stop off at Jenkins Chapel for a look around and continue towards Handforth along Dean Row Road and then Handforth Road.
(2) Turn right into Hall Road before the railway station and continue to the footpath immediately on the right at the end of Hall Road. This narrow footpath runs along the back of the houses. Take the path down to the Handforth Bypass.
(3) Go under the bypass and then follow the footpath to Handforth Road crossing the River Bollin on a fine wooden footbridge. There are some majestic Beech trees by the River Bollin just a little way along after coming out of the tunnels under the bypass and before the footbridge.
(4) Turn left at Handforth Road and then right into Hunters Close.
(5) Cross Dean Row Road and take the footpath across fields to Cross Lane. The section before Cross Lane can be very boggy.
(6) Turn right at Cross Lane and follow the lane for a short way until reaching Browns Lane. Turn left here and at the end of Brown's Lane cross Adlington Road.
(7) Turn left into Hollies Lane. Take the footpath at the end of Hollies Lane leading back down to the River Bollin.
(8) Turn right towards Wilmslow, cross the bridge at Adlington Road and continue along the footpath back to the start of the walk.(D/A)
D/A : km 0 - alt. 71m - Wilmslow Park
1 : km 2.01 - alt. 94m - Jenkins Chapel
2 : km 4.15 - alt. 81m - Hall Road
3 : km 5.23 - alt. 74m - Bypass
4 : km 5.97 - alt. 86m - Handforth Road
5 : km 6.17 - alt. 89m - Dean Row Road
6 : km 6.49 - alt. 87m - Cross Lane
7 : km 6.98 - alt. 94m - Hollies Lane
8 : km 7.5 - alt. 73m - Bollin Valley Way
D/A : km 9.01 - alt. 71m - Wilmslow Park
Visorando and this author cannot be held responsible in the case of accidents or problems occuring on this walk.
Lovely parts of the walk are with swathes of Bluebells along the steep banks down to the River Bollin in Spring.
Nice walk around Wilmslow and across the River Bollin.
This interesting walk through Pownall Park takes in Carnival Fields and St. Olaf's Chapel which was built by the Boddington Family. Sadly, it is now just a ruin. Some of this route follows public footpaths through the Pownall Park area which are now are pretty much back alleys through the area.
Beautiful walk from Fulshaw Cross to Alderley Golf Course.
There are a few farms along the route, farm animals to see and a surprising number of wildflowers.
Lindow Common is a very popular area and is well worth a visit in its own right. The common is crisscrossed by numerous footpaths and contains the Black Lake. It’s worthwhile exploring areas away from Black Lake where there are some small pools and expanses of heather. There is a lot of conservation work being carried out on the common which is designed to keep its open aspect and to protect wildlife and fauna. It is designated as a site of special scientific interest.
Lovely flat walk from Heyes Lane to Prestbury Road.
This circular walk crosses greenbelt land at Handforth Dean which may soon be built on. This is a great shame as this area is pretty unspoiled.
For more walks, use our search engine.
The GPS track and description are the property of the author.