Lovely flat walk from Heyes Lane to Prestbury Road.
Calculated time is computed with the distance, the height difference, and an average speed of 2.2 mph. For an intermediate walker, this time includes small breaks.
(D/A) Park in the lay-by at the start of the walk and cross Heyes Lane into a track.
(1) Turn right at the styal, before reaching the metal gate further down the track, and follow a line of trees until reaching Hough Lane.
(2) Turn right and then very shortly left through Chonar Farm. It's hard to see the path through the farm, but look up the cobbled drive and the stile is directly ahead. Follow the footpath to Oak Hollow Farm and then to Prestbury Road.
(3) Turn right at Prestbury Road. There is no pavement along this stretch but there is a grass verge to walk along. Turn right into the footpath after the driveway into Faulkner's Farm. After a long stretch and crossing several fields there is an intersection of four paths.
(4) Turn right here towards Hough Green Farm and after a very short distance, take the stile over the hedge and continue on to Hough Green Farm with the hedge to your right.
(5) At Hough Lane turn right and then left along the footpath back to the start of the walk on Heyes Lane.(D/A)
D/A : km 0 - alt. 84m - Heyes Lane
1 : km 0.13 - alt. 82m - North Cheshire Way
2 : km 0.73 - alt. 89m - Hough Lane
3 : km 2.11 - alt. 94m - Prestbury Road
4 : km 3.81 - alt. 92m - Intersection of four paths
5 : km 4.29 - alt. 90m - Hough Lane
D/A : km 4.95 - alt. 84m - Heyes Lane
Visorando and this author cannot be held responsible in the case of accidents or problems occuring on this walk.
There are a few farms along the route, farm animals to see and a surprising number of wildflowers.
Nice walk around Wilmslow and across the River Bollin.
Beautiful walk from Fulshaw Cross to Alderley Golf Course.
Lovely parts of the walk are with swathes of Bluebells along the steep banks down to the River Bollin in Spring.
This pleasant walk takes in some less well known parts of Wilmslow and Alderley Edge. There are lots of horses along this route and some pleasant views of Alderley Edge and its big houses.
This walk starts from Wilmslow Park and follow River Bollin to Handforth.
Great walk from Alderley Edge to Bradbury Lane and through The Wizard.
A very pleasant walk at any time of the year, but particularly good in spring when the bluebells are out. This walk is a little steep up towards Clock House Woods. There are lovely views all along the route, beautiful woodlands and a small Lake as you enter the grounds of Hare Hill. Hare Hill has a colorful display of Rhododendrons in Spring and the walled gardens are well worth a visit. Hare Hill is a National Trust Property.
For more walks, use our search engine.
The GPS track and description are the property of the author.