Nice walk around Wilmslow and across the River Bollin.
Calculated time is computed with the distance, the height difference, and an average speed of 2.2 mph. For an intermediate walker, this time includes small breaks.
(D/A) Begin this walk on Holly North and continue up to Wilmslow High School. Keep straight ahead through the school gates, along the road, and turn left just before the railway line down the public footpath.
(1) A little while on the right take the footbridge over the bypass and then turn left into Land Lane. Continue down to Macclesfield Road and cross into Wilmslow Park South.
(2) Follow the road over the River Bollin and up the hill towards Adlington Road where you turn left.
(3) Turn left at Chapel Road and stop to have a look around Jenkins Chapel.
(4) Turn left onto Dean Row Road and continue to the large roundabout and turn left and continue until reaching the railway line past the shops on the right.
(5) Turn left onto the public footpath which runs alongside the railway line and continue until reaching the footbridge on the right over the railway, just after a small playing field on the left.
(6) Follow the footpath to Manchester Road and turn left and walk along the road into the centre of Wilmslow.
(7) Turn left back into Holly Road North and back to the start of the walk.(D/A)
D/A : km 0 - alt. 79m - Holly Road North
1 : km 0.77 - alt. 82m - Footbridge
2 : km 1.38 - alt. 71m - River Bollin
3 : km 3.38 - alt. 94m - Chapel Road
4 : km 3.6 - alt. 91m - Dean Row Road
5 : km 5.44 - alt. 86m - Public footpath
6 : km 6.27 - alt. 86m - Manchester Road
7 : km 7.79 - alt. 81m - Holly Road North
D/A : km 7.97 - alt. 79m - Holly Road North
Visorando and this author cannot be held responsible in the case of accidents or problems occuring on this walk.
Beautiful walk from Fulshaw Cross to Alderley Golf Course.
Lovely parts of the walk are with swathes of Bluebells along the steep banks down to the River Bollin in Spring.
There are a few farms along the route, farm animals to see and a surprising number of wildflowers.
This interesting walk through Pownall Park takes in Carnival Fields and St. Olaf's Chapel which was built by the Boddington Family. Sadly, it is now just a ruin. Some of this route follows public footpaths through the Pownall Park area which are now are pretty much back alleys through the area.
This walk starts from Wilmslow Park and follow River Bollin to Handforth.
Lovely flat walk from Heyes Lane to Prestbury Road.
Lindow Common is a very popular area and is well worth a visit in its own right. The common is crisscrossed by numerous footpaths and contains the Black Lake. It’s worthwhile exploring areas away from Black Lake where there are some small pools and expanses of heather. There is a lot of conservation work being carried out on the common which is designed to keep its open aspect and to protect wildlife and fauna. It is designated as a site of special scientific interest.
Easy walk from Upcast Lane to Clay Lane and around Row-of-Trees.
For more walks, use our search engine.
The GPS track and description are the property of the author.