Start: The White Hart, Stoke (SP11 0NP) Grid ref. SU 404 519
(S/E) Go out of the car park and turn left to cross the main road (B3048) for the lane on the other side, turning right again in 150yds. This lane shortly kinks to the left, and then there is a long straight rising section that comes out in an open field.
(1) Go slightly right to cross this to a wood, and go forward 100yds or so till you come to a crossing track.
(2) Turn left out of the wood, and follow the path through a succession of stiles and gates along the ridge of the hill on the southern side of the Bourne valley.
(3) At Stokehill Farm, now a swanky residence, take the gate on the left and go down the lane to a T-junction.
(4) Go right and immediately left. Now follow the footpath forward for nearly a mile losing height and then going down a steepish path onto a lane.
(5) Cross this and go down the field to a footpath along the rear of some houses.
(6) Take one of the stiles on the left to reach the road near an old chapel. Pass this on your left.
(7) Then turn right into Gang Bridge Lane, which you follows for nearly a mile, passing Gang Bridge House and ignoring a bridge back over the river.
(8) Take the left fork in the lane, and in another 300yds, the stile on the left.
(9) A path left leads across the fields back into the village of Stoke, where you turn right for the pub. (S/E)