Walk across high moor above River Erme passing ancient oak woodland of Piles Copse.
Calculated time is computed with the distance, the height difference, and an average speed of 2.2 mph. For an intermediate walker, this time includes small breaks.
Start at Cornwood Village Square by Blachford Memorial
(D/A) Walk northeast from memorial past Cornwood Village Stores. Continue on road past Cornwood Primary School on right and, after about 600 m, Glebe house on left.
(1) Cross the bridge and carry on up Vicarage Hill, passing Wisdome Farm on your right.
(2) Take next left at Tor, then immediately right. Walk uphill to T junction and turn left (ignoring lane to Yadsworthy Farm). Follow this lane uphill to the metal gate.
(3) Pass through the gate and climb the concrete path to Water Treatment works. Skirt Water Treatment works to the south. On the far side of Treatment works cross stile onto the moor. Head north to meet the rocky path heading East.
(4) Continue on this path for approx 2km to the weir, passing Piles Copse on the other side of the river to your right.
(5) Return by retracing route back to Cornwood (D/A)
D/A : km 0 - alt. 128m - Cornwood Village Square
1 : km 1.13 - alt. 119m - Bridge
2 : km 1.5 - alt. 153m - Tor
3 : km 2.62 - alt. 239m - Gate
4 : km 3.84 - alt. 283m - Path
5 : km 6.33 - alt. 301m - Settlement
D/A : km 12.65 - alt. 127m - Cornwood Village Square
Visorando and this author cannot be held responsible in the case of accidents or problems occuring on this walk.
Varied walk including ancient forest, a Quarry lake and open moorland. Fabulous views across to Plymouth Sound.
A circular walk, some on roads, crossing Hangar Down.
Mixed road and moorland walk taking in beautiful ancient oak woodland and high moorland views.
Circular walk from Cornwood, some on roads, skirting the Western edge of Hangar Down.
Amazing views over the China clay works, mica pits, and views across to Plymouth sound in one direction and moorland in the other.
Stage 3 takes us right into the Dartmoor National Park and is where the original Two Moors Way starts. Once out of Ivybridge, past the old Stowford Paper Mill and out onto the moors, you really feel that you're on a long-distance trail. Look out for the MW signs as you work your way across the tops, through Scorriton to reach Holne.
A circular walk on Dartmoor, taking in the Avon Dam and its reservoir and part of the Two Moors Way.
The Devon village of Yelverton is the start and end point for this walk that includes a circuit of the Burrator Reservoir. The route includes some typical country lanes of the area and views to some of Dartmoor's Tors.
For more walks, use our search engine.
The GPS track and description are the property of the author.