Circular walk from Cornwood, some on roads, skirting the Western edge of Hangar Down.
Calculated time is computed with the distance, the height difference, and an average speed of 2.2 mph. For an intermediate walker, this time includes small breaks.
(D/A) Starting from Cornwood Square, head northeast passing Cornwood Village Stores. Continue on the lane to Vicarage Bridge.
(1) Continue on road, ignoring left turn to Yeo, past Wisdome Farm. Continue uphill for about 1km.
(2) About 25m before Hall Cross (signposted), turn sharp right through the gate on to the footpath. Follow the stone walled path.
(3) Pass through gate and cross path to the field. Following footpath signs across 2 fields.
(4) Pass through the gate onto the lane. Turn right and walk to Hangar Cottage.
(5) Take right turn after Hangar Cottage. Continue downhill to Coriander Cottage at Moor Cross.
(6) Turn right onto the road taking you back to Cornwood Square.(D/A)
D/A : km 0 - alt. 125m - Cornwood Square
1 : km 1.08 - alt. 119m - Vicarage Bridge
2 : km 2.43 - alt. 200m - Hall Cross
3 : km 3.34 - alt. 147m - Gate
4 : km 3.82 - alt. 140m - Gate
5 : km 4.47 - alt. 131m - Hangar Cottage
6 : km 4.86 - alt. 90m - Bond Street
D/A : km 6.02 - alt. 125m - Cornwood Square
Visorando and this author cannot be held responsible in the case of accidents or problems occuring on this walk.
Mixed road and moorland walk taking in beautiful ancient oak woodland and high moorland views.
A circular walk, some on roads, crossing Hangar Down.
Varied walk including ancient forest, a Quarry lake and open moorland. Fabulous views across to Plymouth Sound.
Walk across high moor above River Erme passing ancient oak woodland of Piles Copse.
Amazing views over the China clay works, mica pits, and views across to Plymouth sound in one direction and moorland in the other.
Stage 3 takes us right into the Dartmoor National Park and is where the original Two Moors Way starts. Once out of Ivybridge, past the old Stowford Paper Mill and out onto the moors, you really feel that you're on a long-distance trail. Look out for the MW signs as you work your way across the tops, through Scorriton to reach Holne.
A circular walk on Dartmoor, taking in the Avon Dam and its reservoir and part of the Two Moors Way.
The Devon village of Yelverton is the start and end point for this walk that includes a circuit of the Burrator Reservoir. The route includes some typical country lanes of the area and views to some of Dartmoor's Tors.
For more walks, use our search engine.
The GPS track and description are the property of the author.