Start : The "Jardins d'eau Pierre Doudeau" water gardens' car park is the departure and arrival point of this hike.
(D/A) With your back to the toilet building, go straight ahead (South-West). Do not cross the river arms, but head towards Avenue Jean Jaurès. Cross it carefuly. In front of the headstone, turn left, cross the Loing river. Take immediately the Rue du Loing on the right.
(1) At the entrance to the public garden on the right, go straight on for about 50 meters then turn left (South-West) into Rue des Chapelles. At Rue de Saint-Cartaud, a slight left/right turn leads to a path. Go up this path and arrive in front of the Rigole de Saint-Privé.
(2) Turn right. Cross the Rue des Chapelles at the level of the Pont de Saint-Jacques to continue on the path along the gutter on your left.
(3) Turn left and describe a large curve always following the course of this gutter to bypass the Étang du Coudray.
(4) Turn left over the Pont du Palais. The Rue du Palais is partly tarmacked, follow it straight ahead leaving the Domaine du Coudray on the right. The stabilised path that follows is a private part, it runs along a wood on the right and ends at the Pont du Crot à l'Âne.
(5) Continue by turning right up the Gutter de Saint-Privé; it will remain on the right until the road. Pass under the Château du Coudray and the washhouse. Arrive at the Palais bridge.
(4) Take the road by the left. Cross the Palais then the Merlin and continue still staying on this small tarmacked road.
(6) At the crossroads, turn left and then left again. Shortly after the water treatment plant, after the big curve, turn right onto a path that runs alongside a hedge. At the end, a passage allows you to cross to enter a green space. Walk along the Loing river to the square and the playground. Join the Rue du Loing.
(1) Turn left. At the Avenue Jean Jaurès, cross carfeuly this driving avenue. Head opposite into Rue de l'Épalu. Pass the camping-cars area. In front of the building, turn left, cross the bridge. Leave the fish ladder on the left. In the alley, go left, then cross two arms of the river on the bridges. At the exit, turn right to reach the car park. (D/A)