Starting at Sutton Manor Park visiting The Dream sculpture, Clockface Country Park, Sutton Mill Dam, Brickfields Nature Reserve and Daisyfields Reserve.
Pictures, KML, GPX at
Calculated time is computed with the distance, the height difference, and an average speed of 2.2 mph. For an intermediate walker, this time includes small breaks.
(D/A) Enter Sutton Manor via a good quality path. Turn south (right) and follow the path. At the path junction, take the left fork and continue south towards M62.
(1) Follow the path as to turns east (left) and climbs. Follow the path north by the base of The Dream, stop to admire the view. At path junction turn northeast (right).
(2) Follow the path as it bears east (right) opposite the pond. Carefully cross A569 at lights. Continue East by Clockface car park before taking path south (right) beside the fishing pond. Follow the path east around the base of the mound. At the junction of paths bear northwest (left).
(3) Carefully cross Gorsey Lane and take footpath north initially over farmland and then beside industrial units.
(4) Turn west (left) along Reginald Road. Immediately after passing Wheatsheaf pub turn south (left) and follow the path beside Mill Brook.
(5) Take steps beside Sutton Mill Dam weir and follow the path West beside the lake. Bear south (left) as the path runs behind houses. Cross Clockface Road and head briefly south (left) before taking path southwest (right) through Brickfields Reserve.
(6) Carefully cross Chester Lane and head briefly south to Daisyfields Reserve taking good quality path southwest through the reserve. Take the path south beside and over the stream.
(7) Carefully cross Walkers Lane and take the path south through playing fields. (D/A)
D/A : km 0 - alt. 56m - Start
1 : km 0.66 - alt. 66m - Dream Base
2 : km 1.67 - alt. 49m - Pond
3 : km 4.25 - alt. 47m - Gorsey Lane
4 : km 5.51 - alt. 45m - Reginald Rd
5 : km 6.24 - alt. 45m - Sutton Mill Dam
6 : km 7.4 - alt. 56m - Chester Lane
7 : km 8.42 - alt. 53m - Walkers Lane
D/A : km 8.84 - alt. 56m - Car Park
Parking as start WA9 4BE.
Refreshments between waypoint (4) and (5)
Bus 13, 17 to start/end point.
More info : http://www.graemelinford.com/walks/sutto...
Visorando and this author cannot be held responsible in the case of accidents or problems occuring on this walk.
The Dream sculpture.
Sutton Manor Country Park.
Clockface Country Park
Sutton Mill Dam and reservoir.
Excellent website for local history https://www.suttonbeauty.org.uk/
Global average : 3.33/5
Number of opinions : 1
Description quality : 3/5
Routemap quality : 2/5
Walk interest : 5/5
Global average : 3.33 / 5
Date of walk
Description quality : Average
Routemap quality : Disappointing
Walk interest : Very good
The first part of the wall was fine, but there need to be more directions overall. The vagueness of statements like ‘take a footpath’ with no other landmark led to us losing the path on the second half of the walk
5m circular route beginning at Clock Face Park onto Wheatacre Reserve and returning via Colliery Moss.
6 mile circular walk starting from Clock Face park then taking 'Ladies Walk' between Bold New and Old Halls to Bold Heath. The return section includes a disused railway track and The Dream sculpture.
Starting from Burtonwood passing 15c moated Bradlegh Hall on way to Sankey Brook and historic Sankey Canal. The canal, the first in the UK, built to carry coal from Haydock to Liverpool in 1757. Good view of Sankey Viaduct the world's first substantial viaduct built by George Stephenson in 1830 for the world's first intercity rail line. Having completed the canal section the route makes use of farm tracks to return to start.
More info : http://www.graemelinford.com/walks/burto...
5m circular route crossing Carr Mill via causeway onto a rising farmland section leading to Newton Rd. Extensive views over Mersey Plain, Manchester and Cheshire Heights from this midway point. Return route is via open farmland leading to woodland section back to lakeside.
Circular walkleaving Billinge by Garswood Rd, crossing Barton Clough on route to Chair Wood and then via Longshaw to top of Billinge Hill before descending back to Billinge. Excellent views over Merseyside, Pennines, Welsh and Cheshire hills from the highest point in Merseyside.
Walk starts from Viridor Wood car park and follows anti clockwise circularroute via Viridor Wood and Three Sisters Park.
More details : http://www.graemelinford.com/walks/bamfu...
Circular walk starting from Wigan Flashes and including Bryn Gates Lane, Viridor Wood and canal towpath.
More details : http://www.graemelinford.com/walks/bryn_...
The walk starts at Abram by Kingdown Flash (01Start) and follows the anticlockwise circular route via Bickershaw Park and Fan Lodge ponds.
More details : http://www.graemelinford.com/walks/bicke...
For more walks, use our search engine.
The GPS track and description are the property of the author.