5m circular route beginning at Clock Face Park onto Wheatacre Reserve and returning via Colliery Moss.
Calculated time is computed with the distance, the height difference, and an average speed of 2.2 mph. For an intermediate walker, this time includes small breaks.
(D/A) Take gate at the northeast (left) side of car park onto path which runs parallel to Gorsey Lane. Carefully cross Gorsey Lane taking a path north beside brick wall. Bear northeast (right) at junction of footpaths and follow field boundary. Take footbridge east (right) and follow hedge boundary.
(1) Turn north (left) and follow path behind houses onto Douglas Ave. Turn east (right) along Douglas Ave. Carefully cross Nells Rd and take path beside bus stop east.
(2) Path heads north through Wheatacre Reserve. Cross Bold Lane and continue north on path through Colliers Nature Reserve.
(3) Cross bridge into Colliers Moss Reserve and continue northwest. Turn west (left) along path beside brook.
(4) Head south (left) up steps and follow path. Follow path east (left)
(5) Cross bridge and turn west (left) on a path parallel to rail track. At the west end of ponds, the path bears south (left) and follows stream.
(6) Carefully cross Bold Road to take the path south along field boundary. Continue south past footbridge.
(7) Turn south (left) over boardwalk and follow path beside houses back to Gorsey Lane. Briefly head west (right) along Gorsey Lane back to the carpark.(D/A)
D/A : km 0 - alt. 47m - Carpark
1 : km 2.03 - alt. 40m - Rosehill
2 : km 2.65 - alt. 34m - Wheatacre
3 : km 4.29 - alt. 35m - Bridge North
4 : km 5.26 - alt. 28m - Moss Lane
5 : km 6.37 - alt. 38m - Bridge South
6 : km 7.6 - alt. 35m - Bold Rd
7 : km 9.22 - alt. 49m - Boardwalk
D/A : km 9.62 - alt. 47m - Carpark
Parking at start WA9 4SE.
More details : http://www.graemelinford.com/walks/Clock...
Visorando and this author cannot be held responsible in the case of accidents or problems occuring on this walk.
Clock Face Park
Wheatacre Nature Reserve
Colliery Moss Park
6 mile circular walk starting from Clock Face park then taking 'Ladies Walk' between Bold New and Old Halls to Bold Heath. The return section includes a disused railway track and The Dream sculpture.
Starting at Sutton Manor Park visiting The Dream sculpture, Clockface Country Park, Sutton Mill Dam, Brickfields Nature Reserve and Daisyfields Reserve.
Pictures, KML, GPX at
Starting from Burtonwood passing 15c moated Bradlegh Hall on way to Sankey Brook and historic Sankey Canal. The canal, the first in the UK, built to carry coal from Haydock to Liverpool in 1757. Good view of Sankey Viaduct the world's first substantial viaduct built by George Stephenson in 1830 for the world's first intercity rail line. Having completed the canal section the route makes use of farm tracks to return to start.
More info : http://www.graemelinford.com/walks/burto...
5m circular route crossing Carr Mill via causeway onto a rising farmland section leading to Newton Rd. Extensive views over Mersey Plain, Manchester and Cheshire Heights from this midway point. Return route is via open farmland leading to woodland section back to lakeside.
Circular walkleaving Billinge by Garswood Rd, crossing Barton Clough on route to Chair Wood and then via Longshaw to top of Billinge Hill before descending back to Billinge. Excellent views over Merseyside, Pennines, Welsh and Cheshire hills from the highest point in Merseyside.
Walk starts from Viridor Wood car park and follows anti clockwise circularroute via Viridor Wood and Three Sisters Park.
More details : http://www.graemelinford.com/walks/bamfu...
Circular walk starting from Wigan Flashes and including Bryn Gates Lane, Viridor Wood and canal towpath.
More details : http://www.graemelinford.com/walks/bryn_...
The walk starts from the car park on Slag Lane and follows a clockwise circular route around Pennington Flash.
More details : http://www.graemelinford.com/walks/penni...
For more walks, use our search engine.
The GPS track and description are the property of the author.