Nice walk from The Flowing Spring pub around Playhatch, Dunsden, Crowsley Park and Binfield Heath.
Calculated time is computed with the distance, the height difference, and an average speed of 2.2 mph. For an intermediate walker, this time includes small breaks.
(D/A) From the pub, climb the steps which are opposite the island with the pub sign to join the footpath. Turn left and follow the footpath parallel with the road.
(1) Turn right, taking the path up the hill alongside the row of hedges. At the top of the hill turn left and then bear right. The path joins the Playhatch Road in Dunsden. Walk up the road towards the Green.
(2) To continue, bear left to the top of Sandpit Lane, past the sign to Gravel Road and then take the footpath to the right. If you reach a white house on the right you have gone too far. Follow the footpath straight across and along the edge of the field, right then left. This path meets Emmer Green Road.
(3) Cross the road to the track opposite, past the farm buildings to the right and through the farm gate. Continue along the edge of the field into a second field. You will see a footpath to the right in an opening in the hedges. Follow this path and climb the hill. At the top, follow the path at the edge of the house (Harvest House), down the drive and through the gate on the left. This short path leads to Sonning Common Road.
(4) Cross the road, up the steps and through the small kissing gate. Turn right and follow the path parallel with the road. You will see woods in front of you. Follow the path up the hill with the woods to your right. There are metal railings lining these woods so continue for some distance northwards and then follow the Chiltern Way posts, dropping down the hill to Devil’s Hill Road.
(5) At the edge of the road is a footpath to the right and then immediately a bridleway sign to Binfield Heath. Take this path so you are returning on the other side of the railings in the woods. Continue, passing the left hand side of the house called North Lodge and then downhill along the edge of the woods. The path eventually bears left through the woods. Turn right on the adjoining path and continue. It leads down the hill and brings you out at the Bottle and Glass pub.
(6) At the Bottle and Glass, cross the road and proceed into Common Lane. At the end, turn left into Arch Hill. Cross the road to the recreation ground and walk to the opposite corner which leads onto Dunsden Way.
(7) Turn right down Dunsden Way until you see the church on the other side. Cross the road and take the bridleway on the left just after the church. At the junction with other paths, continue straight on down the hill. At the foot of the hill bear right, parallel with the Henley Road and, at the steps, cross the road to The Flowing Spring.(D/A)
D/A : km 0 - alt. 42m - The Flowing Spring pub
1 : km 0.19 - alt. 40m - Hedges
2 : km 2.2 - alt. 95m - Sandpit Lane
3 : km 2.62 - alt. 103m - Emmer Green Road
4 : km 4.63 - alt. 74m - Sonning Common Road
5 : km 6.13 - alt. 63m - Devil’s Hill Road
6 : km 7.85 - alt. 88m - The Bottle and Glass pub
7 : km 8.7 - alt. 93m - Dunsden Way
D/A : km 10.68 - alt. 42m - The Flowing Spring pub
Visorando and this author cannot be held responsible in the case of accidents or problems occuring on this walk.
Nice walk from The Flowing Spring pub around Playhatch and Dunsden.
Nice walk from The Flowing Spring pub around Playhatch, Dunsden and Binfield Heath.
Lovely walk through the countryside passing by Binfield Heath - Shiplake - Thames - Sonning.
This Oxforshire walk includes a pleasant section of walking along the Thames Path with a section across the rolling hills to the north of the river.
Walk through beautiful countryside surroundings with a wonderful selection of birds and a stop a The Flowing Spring pub.
Easy walking with some mild slopes, road crossings and muddy areas.
Easy walking throughout but can be muddy in places.
Easy lakeside walking with two busy road crossings.
For more walks, use our search engine.
The GPS track and description are the property of the author.