Nice walk from The Flowing Spring pub around Playhatch, Dunsden and Binfield Heath.
Calculated time is computed with the distance, the height difference, and an average speed of 2.2 mph. For an intermediate walker, this time includes small breaks.
(D/A) From the pub, climb the steps which are opposite the island with the pub sign to join the footpath. Turn left and follow the footpath parallel with the road.
(1) Turn right, taking the path up the hill alongside the row of hedges. At the top of the hill turn left and then bear right. The path joins the Playhatch Road in Dunsden. Walk up the road towards the Green.
(2) Just before the track becomes Sandpit Lane, take the footpath to your right signposted Gravel Road.
(3) At the end turn right into Gravel Road.
(4) At the end, cross the road and take the bridleway on the left just after the church. At the junction with other paths, continue straight on down the hill.
(5) At the foot of the hill bear right, parallel with the Henley Road and, at the steps, cross the road to The Flowing Spring.(D/A)
D/A : km 0 - alt. 42m - The Flowing Spring pub
1 : km 0.19 - alt. 40m - Hedges
2 : km 2.2 - alt. 95m - Sandpit Lane
3 : km 2.48 - alt. 95m - Gravel Road
4 : km 2.95 - alt. 95m - End of Gravel Road
5 : km 4.05 - alt. 49m - Foot of the hill
D/A : km 4.27 - alt. 42m - The Flowing Spring pub
Visorando and this author cannot be held responsible in the case of accidents or problems occuring on this walk.
Nice walk from The Flowing Spring pub around Playhatch and Dunsden.
Nice walk from The Flowing Spring pub around Playhatch, Dunsden, Crowsley Park and Binfield Heath.
Lovely walk through the countryside passing by Binfield Heath - Shiplake - Thames - Sonning.
This Oxforshire walk includes a pleasant section of walking along the Thames Path with a section across the rolling hills to the north of the river.
Walk through beautiful countryside surroundings with a wonderful selection of birds and a stop a The Flowing Spring pub.
Easy walking with some mild slopes, road crossings and muddy areas.
Easy walking throughout but can be muddy in places.
Easy lakeside walking with two busy road crossings.
For more walks, use our search engine.
The GPS track and description are the property of the author.