This pleasant walk takes in some less well known parts of Wilmslow and Alderley Edge. There are lots of horses along this route and some pleasant views of Alderley Edge and its big houses.
Calculated time is computed with the distance, the height difference, and an average speed of 2.2 mph. For an intermediate walker, this time includes small breaks.
(D/A) The start of this walk begins along a well hidden footpath between two houses just off Brook Lane. This path leads to Carr Bank Farm and then over some wildland towards Foden Lane.
(1) Continue to Little Moss Farm, turn right across the middle of a field and then turn left before the hedge and continue to Merryman’s Lane. Turn left at Merryman's lane, cross Chelford Road and take the footpath towards the delightful Grogham Cottage.
(2) Turn left at the end of the path and continue along Sossmoss Lane. This leads into Welsh Row.
(3) Take the footpath on the left over the railway bridge, towards Field’s Farm. Turn right just before the farm, pass the large greenhouses on the left and follow the track on the right towards Chorley Hall.
(4) Turn left into Chelford Road and take the footpath on the right down towards the Alderley Edge bypass (Melrose Way).
(5) Cross the bypass and turn right towards Brook Lane. Turn left at Brook Lane and back to the start of the walk.(D/A)
D/A : km 0 - alt. 75m - Brook Lane
1 : km 2.31 - alt. 75m - Little Moss Farm
2 : km 3.75 - alt. 80m - Grogham Cottage
3 : km 4.97 - alt. 86m - Sossmoss Lane
4 : km 6.84 - alt. 77m - Chelford Road
5 : km 7.14 - alt. 76m - Bypass
D/A : km 8.56 - alt. 76m - Brook Lane
Visorando and this author cannot be held responsible in the case of accidents or problems occuring on this walk.
Easy walk from Upcast Lane to Clay Lane and around Row-of-Trees.
There are a few farms along the route, farm animals to see and a surprising number of wildflowers.
Walk from Moor Lane to Mobberley Golf Course passing through Nature Reserve.
This is a short walk around Lindow Moss. The area became famous when Lindow Man was discovered by peat cutters in August 1984. The footpath skirts the edge of Lindow Moss where peat is still extracted. There is a Lindow Moss website here and you can find information about Lindow Man here. This route keeps to the public footpaths, but there are many unofficial routes across the moss.
This walk takes you to some of the highlights of Alderley Edge.
A fine church, a historic watermill, and some lesser-known paths on Alderley Edge.
A more complete exploration of Alderley Edge, with a return route via farmland.
Beautiful walk from Fulshaw Cross to Alderley Golf Course.
For more walks, use our search engine.
The GPS track and description are the property of the author.