Circular walk starting from Wigan Flashes and including Bryn Gates Lane, Viridor Wood and canal towpath.
Calculated time is computed with the distance, the height difference, and an average speed of 2.2 mph. For an intermediate walker, this time includes small breaks.
(D/A) Parking available at end of Killingham Close. Follow the path east from the end of Killigham Close, after gate head south along the path on the west side of the wood. Cross the bridge and continue south on path.
(1) Take path south-west upon leaving the wood. Briefly follow the track south-east around Park House ruin.
(2) At the junction of several paths take well-defined track south.
(3) Turn east on Land Gate Lane. Continue east over rail bridge. Follow lane east.
(4) Take Lilly Lane northeast. Turn south easy down Furlong Close followed by Epsom drive.
(5) At the south end of drive continue south on the path across the field.
(6) Turn east on the winding path that passes under the railway line.
(7) Continue south-east on track. Cross footbridge over Hey Brook and pass in front of the pub onto the canal towpath.
(8) Take towpath north on West side of the canal. At Lilly Lane use road bridge to cross over to towpath on the east side of the canal.
(9) Take the bridge over to West side of canal and head briefly south on the towpath.
(10) Turn west along the footpath through woods. Briefly turn south along the path before bearing south-west along path to exit gate.(D/A)
D/A : km 0 - alt. 32m - Killingham Close
1 : km 0.52 - alt. 34m - Exit Wood
2 : km 0.87 - alt. 44m - Park Lane
3 : km 1.35 - alt. 47m - Land Gate Lane
4 : km 3.13 - alt. 38m - Police Exit
5 : km 3.57 - alt. 36m - Epsom Drive
6 : km 4.01 - alt. 36m - Viridor Wood
7 : km 4.59 - alt. 24m - Swan Lake
8 : km 5.02 - alt. 26m - Towpath
9 : km 8.79 - alt. 27m - Cross Canal
10 : km 9.04 - alt. 29m - Scotsmans Turn
D/A : km 9.42 - alt. 32m - Killingham Close
Parking at start.
More details : http://www.graemelinford.com/walks/bryn_...
Visorando and this author cannot be held responsible in the case of accidents or problems occuring on this walk.
The walk starts at Westwood Road Wigan in order to join the canal and head south. On leaving the canal the route passes through Wigan Flashes and Turners Flash before heading back to start.
Walk starts from Viridor Wood car park and follows anti clockwise circularroute via Viridor Wood and Three Sisters Park.
The walk starts at Abram by Kingdown Flash (01Start) and follows the anticlockwise circular route via Bickershaw Park and Fan Lodge ponds.
The walk starts from Bickershaw and follows the anticlockwise circular route via Amberswood, Low Hall and Victoria Fields.
The walk starts from Mill Lane in Hindley and follows the clockwise circular route via Borsdane Wood and Westhoughton Common.
The walk starts opposite Cowburn St Hindley and follows anti-clockwise circular route around Westhoughton Common.
The walk starts from Pennington Flash car park and follows the anticlockwise circular route via Golborne Park and Lowton.
The walk starts from the car park on Slag Lane and follows a clockwise circular route around Pennington Flash.
For more walks, use our search engine.
The GPS track and description are the property of the author.