Very beautiful hike to do between April and October.
Calculated time is computed with the distance, the height difference, and an average speed of 2.2 mph. For an intermediate walker, this time includes small breaks.
Depart from the car park on the D667 before Trévans.
(D/A) Take the path which is perpendicular to the road, going along the Estoublaisse on its right bank. You will reach a small bridge.
(1) Cross the river over the bridge and, in front of the information signs, climb to the right up the quite steep path up to the Trévans gîte.
(2) Follow the path due south for a few dozen metres and then take the path which heads off to the left, leading to a balcony overlooking the gorges, before heading back down to the hamlet of Valbonette.
(3) Continue to go along the Ravin de Mayaiche on the right bank before branching off to the right until you meet another small bridge going over the Estoublaisse.
(4) After crossing the bridge over the water, follow the path which climbs to the left until you reach another fork.
(5) Take the path on the right in the direction of the Saint-André Chapel and the Roman bridge. At the next intersection, climb up to the ruins of the Saint-André Chapel.
(6) Go back down via the same route up to point (5).
(5) Take the path on the right which takes you back to the departure point (D/A).
D/A : km 0 - alt. 601 m
1 : km 0.34 - alt. 599 m - Small bridge over the Estoublaisse.
2 : km 2.36 - alt. 825 m - Trévans shelter.
3 : km 6.73 - alt. 795 m - Ruins of Valbonette.
4 : km 7.21 - alt. 758 m - Small bridge over the Estoublaisse.
5 : km 8.25 - alt. 785 m - Intersection towards Saint-André.
6 : km 8.86 - alt. 864 m - St André Chapel.
D/A : km 12.26 - alt. 601 m
This hike is a variation of the hike already described on the site at: Trevans
Visorando and this author cannot be held responsible in the case of accidents or problems occuring on this walk.
Long north-south oriented ridge, the Barre des Dourbes ridge separates the basin of Digne-les-Bains from the Barrême syncline.
Rising in stages over twenty kilometres, culminating Pic de Couar some 1988 m above sea level.
A hike in Pays du Verdon that takes ancient Roman roads, runs alongside an abandoned village and a chapel sheltered by rocks with magnificent landscapes.
A very enjoyable loop on the peninsula of Bauduen alongside Lake Sainte Croix.
Very nice course with beautiful views of Lake Sainte-Croix.
The Imbut trail is a hike that lets you discover the Verdon in the heart the gorge and the river bed. Extraordinary landscapes await you but this hike is difficult and certain sections on the cliffs (Chemin Vidal) and through rocks (section until the Baou Beni), require a good level of physical fitness. Be careful of vertigo!
The altitude calculated by the software is a little high, it's closer to about 800m.
A pretty walk off the beaten path. The views are breathtaking in diverse landscapes, all from the beautiful little hilltop village of Artignosc-sur-Verdon.
On this hike you will be rewarded with beautiful views into the village of Esparron-de-Verdon and across to the hills of the Verdon Canyon. Enjoy the flowers, butterflies and olive trees as well as an optional visit to see the village chateau and church.
Wonderful hike through the Lower Verdon Gorges, starting in Quinson.
For more walks, use our search engine.
The GPS track and description are the property of the author.