A beautiful hike to be done with or without snowshoes.
After crossing the Désert d'Entremont, park your car at the cross country ski centre to the right of the D45 hairpin turn.
(S/F) From the ski centre, follow the cross country trails heading south-south-west (keep to the left of the trails).
(1) At Bruyères car park, turn right and head straight up the slope. Ignore paths heading off to the right reaching Col du Grapillon after 3 km and approximately two hours walk.
(2) At the pass crossing, take the second trail to the right (practically opposite) and head downhill towards a hairpin bend.
(3) Carry on straight along a mild downhill path over a few kilometres. Ignore several paths heading off to the left and right, keeping to an overall north-east direction.
(4) At the junction located near a hairpin turn to the left, go right heading towards a fork a bit before the Granges du Planet.
(5) Veer right rapidly reaching Col du Planet.
(6) Take a right, heading downhill and take another right at the next junction, at the bottom of a small valley to then head up again.
(7) At the crossing, head to the right, ignore a path to the left then another to the right which leads to Col des Fontanettes. Carry on, reaching Col du Mollard.
(8) Keep heading straight, ignore several paths to the left and right sticking to a south-south-west direction.
(9) Near a fork, leave the path to head left towards the thalweg. Once you’re close to the stream, head right due south to reach the cross country ski centre car park (S/F).
D/A : km 0 - alt. 1182m
1 : km 1.01 - alt. 1204m - Les Bruyères car park
2 : km 3.19 - alt. 1493m - Col du Grapillon
3 : km 3.47 - alt. 1403m - Hairpin turn, head right
4 : km 7.25 - alt. 1220m - Hairpin turn, junction, go right
5 : km 8.62 - alt. 1173m - Granges du Planet, fork, take a right
6 : km 8.75 - alt. 1191m - Col du Planet, turn right
7 : km 9.27 - alt. 1140m - Crossing, take a right
8 : km 10.73 - alt. 1331m - Col du Mollard
9 : km 11.92 - alt. 1242m - Turn left heading towards the thalweg
D/A : km 12.89 - alt. 1182m
We advise taking IGN maps with you on this walk. Click here to buy : 3333OTR.
Visorando and this author cannot be held responsible in the case of accidents or problems occuring on this walk.
A lovely with snowshoes, with a beautiful view of the Alpine peaks at its height. Note that this hike can be done in all seasons.
A very pleasant hike, described here snowshoe users, but also good for walks on sunny days.
In the heart of the Chartreuse mountains, the Col de Porte is a former family ski resort whose ski lifts are now closed. The paths are more or less well marked allowing you to enjoy the trails on cross-country skis or snowshoes. The proposed circuit climbs through forest, coming out on a crest and offers superb views over the entire Chartreuse mountain range.
A stone's throw from town and you're high in the mountains. But pay attention to the risks.
For more walks, use our search engine.
The GPS track and description are the property of the author.