A stroll starting the Coursan community hall between the Aude River and Pech-Céleyran. Lovely views of the plains, the Montagne Noire and the Pyrenees, from the peak. Passing by the Moulin du Pech mill.
Calculated time is computed with the distance, the height difference, and an average speed of 2.2 mph. For an intermediate walker, this time includes small breaks.
The start is at the village of Coursan in the car park between the stadium and the community hall.
(S/F) Take the paved road between the stadium and the public gardens. At the ford head along the treatment plant on the right. After the station, turn right and continue until you cross a stone path. Turn left.
(1) At the crossing, take the right path towards the mill, reach a crossroads of paths.
(2) Go straight between Le Pech and the vineyards.
(3) 400 m after the power lines, turn left between the hedge and the vines sand reach the right bank of the Aude (small shed beside the river).
(4) Turn right along the river, passing a small iron bridge and a poplar plantation.
(5) Take the dirt road to the right perpendicular to the Aude facing a grove of trees (the route of the path on the IGN map is incorrect, the path is actually located slightly to the east). At the grove, turn right and then immediately left. Reach a paved road, turn right. Leave the paved road to the right and continue straight to the sewage treatment plant of Salles d'Aude. Continue past the plant for 100 m, then take the paved road that goes left for 50 m.
(6) Turn right, reach a vineyard and head around it to the right. Take a small path to the right through a field leading to the dirt road visible uphill opposite. Take this road to the left to the next crossroads.
(7) Turn 180° to the right, head along the vine and climb up to the corner angle of the latter. Turn left and follow the edge of the vineyard to the next crossroads. At the statue of the Virgin Mary, turn right and continue as far as a T-junction at another vineyard.
(8) Head around it to the right to get past it. A few metres before the start of this vineyard, turn right between the vines and scrubland to reach the dirt road. Turn right and go down straight ahead through the vineyards to reach a perpendicular dirt road. Turn right in the direction of the Moulin de Céleyran. Just before the little iron gate, turn left and head through the bushes for 30 m to get to the mill.
(9) Head down to the vineyard and along it on its right. At the end, take the dirt road on the right to reach the crossroads from the outbound route.
(2) Head left to return to the outbound path (1) and return to the car park (S/F).
D/A : km 0 - alt. 7m
1 : km 0.75 - alt. 6m - Fork, turn right
2 : km 1.39 - alt. 10m - Crossroads, go straight ahead
3 : km 2.13 - alt. 12m - Turn 90° to the left.
4 : km 2.65 - alt. 4m - The Aude, small shed, along the river to the right - Aude (fleuve)
5 : km 3.24 - alt. 5m - Turn right 100 m further on after the poplars.
6 : km 4.11 - alt. 15m - turn right, an uphill path leads to a vineyard
7 : km 4.45 - alt. 32m - Junction turn 180 degrees to the right
8 : km 5.14 - alt. 53m - Turn right, make a complete tour of the vineyard
9 : km 7.71 - alt. 14m - Moulin du Pech
D/A : km 9.35 - alt. 7m
You can enjoy a picnic on arrival. Tables and benches in the playground next to the community hall.
We advise taking IGN maps with you on this walk. Click here to buy : 2545ET, 2545OT.
Visorando and this author cannot be held responsible in the case of accidents or problems occuring on this walk.
(8) This is the highest point with a beautiful view.
The river Aude.
The Pech-Céleyran mill.
Hike in the mountains of La Clape overlooking the Pyrenees, the Black Mountain and the Mediterranean. See the “Rossignol” (nightingale) mill of Armissan, and then enjoy views at the orientation table at Vinassan, and finally Marmorières Domaine’s chapel’s dovecot.
A pleasant hike in the Massif de la Clape with beautiful views and a visit of the Chapel of Auzils and its marine cemetery.
Travel across this ancient island with magnificent views of the ponds of Narbonne. A family-friendly hike in the scrubland and pine forests.
This hike, at the start of La Caunette, will take you above Minerva and will let you discover the megaliths scattered along the route. You'll criss-cross vines, scrubland composed of gorse, thyme, brush, evergreen oak trees and the odd wood.
For more walks, use our search engine.
The GPS track and description are the property of the author.