(S/E) Head North up Burbage High Street and take the right fork at Stibb Green. Follow this road downhill then up again until you reach Durley. Walk downhill on the road through Durley.
(1) Where the houses end, take a signed footpath through a gate and across Tottenham House estate, passing through clumps of trees and crossing 2 drives. Keep following the well marked path. After a woodland path section, reach St Katherine’s Church.
(2) Either walk through the Churchyard passing to the right of the church or take the road to the left shortly after the church. Walk through the village passing a small car park. You will see a footpath sign on the right to Holt Pound. You go through a gate to the right of woodland and follow the edge of woodland. There is no clear path and no signs for this section. Where woodland ends follow a sparse avenue of trees bearing right towards road and field corner. Nearing the corner you will see a public footpath sign and gate going into woodland. Enter woodland and bear left along a path to reach the road. Turn right and soon reach a stile on left opposite a broad track heading into the woods on the right.
Cross the stile and bear left to follow an avenue of trees up to Savernake Forest. Exit through a gateway and find the entrance into the Forest. Follow a narrow winding path keeping to the left hand edge of the forest. This is quite a rough path in places.
(3) Eventually reach a broad track on the right, where you will see the named oak King of Limbs, which has its various limbs lying around it. A good place for a break and investigate.
Retrace your steps to the edge of the forest and turn right. Shortly you reach a broad track on a right-angle bend. You bear right just slightly then go more or less straight on. Pass a track to right then take the next broad track to the left. This brings you to Grand Avenue, where there are usually a few cars parked.
(4) Cross straight over onto a broad unsurfaced road. Shortly there are paths going off to right and left. Take the left path and soon you reach a right turn. Take this path and follow it for about a mile. It winds and goes up and downhill. Stick to it ignoring turnings at junctions. Eventually, you will reach the broad swath of land that runs from Tottenham House away to the left and the nearer Column to the right. Turn right and go uphill to the Column.
(5) On reaching the unmade road beyond it turn left. Follow this for perhaps ½ mile till you reach another unmade road bending sharply back to the left. Take this then immediately go right to follow the narrow fenced path along the left-hand edge of a field, but separated from the field by a fence. After about ½ mile, reach the broad track Lover’s Walk.
(6) Turn left and follow it uphill. Eventually after maybe ¾ mile reach the road at top of the hill before it enters Durley. Turn right and follow the road downhill and keep straight on for Burbage High Street.(D/A)