Medieval castle, viaduct, springs, washhouses and heritage, something to enjoy with the family !
If that's not enough, a little bungee jump to get the adrenaline pumping ?
Druyes-les-Belles-Fontaines is classified in the villages "Cities of character of Bourgogne-Franche-Comté".
Calculated time is computed with the distance, the height difference, and an average speed of 2.2 mph. For an intermediate walker, this time includes small breaks.
The departure is from the parking lot located at the entrance of the castle (do not cross the Porte de Ville which opens onto Rue du Château Fort). To get there, take the direction of Château or La Ville following the entrance in the village of Druyes-les-Belles-Fontaines.
(D/A) Back to the access door (or postern) to the fortified city, go by the opposite road (North-East direction). Leave paths and right and left markups to turn left in the stony path shortly after the shed on the right below.
(1) Take on your left the path going down in the valley. It ends in an asphalt road. Stay straight, leave the path going up left and turn right twice to reachla Rue Thiers. Walk 150 meter in this uphill street.
(2) Turn left towards la Ferme Saint-Martin. At the end of the curve and before the 90° corner, go left in the path.
(3) At this cross, leave the opposite path (bordered by hedges) to go on th right one. It ends on the old railway. Go on the left to the viaduct. Arrived on the road, cross carefully and go straight. This path leads to a crossroad with an asphalt road and a house on the right that runs along, a path.
(4) Go down to the left, cross the bridge and continue on the side of the road (voluntary drop off point) to the crow's feet. Take the road on the right and, immediately after, the path on the right. At the intersection, turn left.
(5) At Calvary, turn around and continue the route to the left. Go down the path, turn left at the end of the bend (the path opposite leads to an old ford that is impassable most of the time). Cross the river and the next arm on the two successive bridges (the course is on a rural road and not a property entrance as the configuration would suggest). Go back up the road, leaving the Château du Boulet on the left.
At the road, turn left twice to enter the village. At the Stop sign, turn left, cross the bridge and continue. At the height of the church, head to the right, by the path cut by a barrier, towards the pond.
(6) Go along this pond on the right, leading to Rue Thiers. Cross and go up Rue de la Comtesse Mahaut opposite (restaurant on the right).
(7) Halfway up, turn right on the first grassy path (2 bollards prevent vehicles from using it). At the top, turn right, pass in front of the castle and continue on Rue du Château Fort to reach the city entrance and the parking lot(A/D).
D/A : km 0 - alt. 205m - Château Fort de Druyes-les-Belles-Fontaines
1 : km 0.87 - alt. 219m - Left on the downhill path
2 : km 1.96 - alt. 182m - Left towards the Saint-Martin farm
3 : km 2.61 - alt. 190m - Turn right
4 : km 4.12 - alt. 201m - Facing the road, go down to the left
5 : km 4.72 - alt. 178m - Christ to the Good Yellow God
6 : km 5.87 - alt. 173m - The Druye lake and guinguette (restaurant) - Druyes (rivière)
7 : km 6.2 - alt. 185m - Climb on the right
D/A : km 6.61 - alt. 205m
Do not take into account the different markings on this route. During this route, the fortified castle will always be on the left.
You can shorten this route : at point (3), take the opposite path and lead directly to point (7). And so, the route will be 3km.
From the viaduct, between (3) and (4), you can observe the Panama Valley (on the right) with below the old factory and its chimney then on the left the village of Druyes, with on the cliff, the fortified castle. You can also admire these views upside down if you feel like it (see the chapter during the hike).
Restaurant in the lower town, guinguette by the lake.
Visorando and this author cannot be held responsible in the case of accidents or problems occuring on this walk.
The visit of the old fortified city and the castle have to be done.
A taste on the web of the castle and the village of Druyes.
For you who pass by the foot of the Château du Boulet, you will get the chills with its history and more particularly by clicking on the tab Horrific history of the Château du Boulay.
Possibility of bungee jumping from the viaduct.
Visit the Moulin à tan, the village washhouse.
Discover Jean Bertin, the capitaine Coignet, famous men born in Druyes-les-Belles-Fontaines.
Marked hike N°51.
From the old medieval castle, discover a village built between an old, partly dried-up marsh and a cliff. Druyes Valley offers a green setting that contrasts with the chalky rocks that support the ruined building.
Marked hike n°62.
This site located in the void diagonal, as some like to say, conceals many assets.
If, with the help of agricultural machinery, the search for productivity was the goal in the middle of the 20th century, it has not led to the expected results. Today, it is towards a restoration of biodiversity that we are moving. The fauna and flora are gradually returning.
Discovering this heritage also helps to educate children.
Superb educational walk!
Marked hike N°8.
You will see no less than 8 fountains and 6 wash-houses on this rather easy hike, ideal for family walks. A few picnics spots are available here and there, to take a break and enjoy a relaxing moment (Fountain of the Moon, of the Pisserotte .....) Even though there are some hills along the way, it is a very pleasant walk with a lot of historical heritage spots to be discovered.
Also good for mountain biking.
Marked hike N°7.
This hike is themed by springs and wash-houses. The water flowing from the springs supplies the groundwater of the Parisian Basin on the one hand, and the Seine by way of the Loing River on the other hand. It’s a very well-marked path (#7), through an unspoiled natural environment. This track can also be done on horseback or mountain bike. It is listed on the departmental walking and hiking map (PDIPR) established by the department of the Yonne.
The springs and washhouses without forgetting the Château and the Chapel of Chéry will be the most important heritage sites to discover for this outing. Throughout this route, alternation between valleys and hills where points of view are numerous.
Marked path n°32
Alternating ups and downs among the orchards, vineyards and crops. Beautiful views over the valley and the hillsides of Yonne.
Marked hike N°2.
A hike in the heart of the birthplace of Colette. Through woods and passing by ponds, often described in her work.
Marked hike N°1.
This trail, dedicated to Colette, was opened in 1993 by the pupils of the Colette college of Saint-Sauveur en Puisaye. Along this trail, everything recalls the works of this author, born in Saint-Sauveur en Puisaye in 1873. The author has described her birthplace so well - that even though she has given other names to the villages and characters, you can sense her literature at every corner.
For more walks, use our search engine.
The GPS track and description are the property of the author.