A 7.5km walk through rural farmland dotted with trees, lakes & drumlins.
Calculated time is computed with the distance, the height difference, and an average speed of 2.2 mph. For an intermediate walker, this time includes small breaks.
(D/A) Starting at the Nuremore Hotel. The trail starts at the hotel rear car park. Exit the car park onto the T-junction with the L4700 and turn right.
(1) Take the first right and walk to the junction with the L4922 (Ardee Road) – a busier road. Walk on the right hand side facing the traffic.
(2) Turn left at the junction, beside the lake, and continue along the L4922. Go around the bend and turn sharp left immediately into a narrow country lane
(3) The end of the lane is beside the busy N2. Entry to the N2 is forbidden. Turn right, walk to the Blackfort Road and turn left under the bridge.
(4) See the lake on your right as you pass under the bridge and continue to the junction with L4700.
(5) At the junction, turn left. Continue straight ahead back to base.(D/A)
D/A : km 0 - alt. 45m - Nuremore Hotel
1 : km 0.15 - alt. 47m - First right
2 : km 1.42 - alt. 38m - Junction
3 : km 2.95 - alt. 43m - N2
4 : km 3.83 - alt. 30m - Lake
5 : km 4.58 - alt. 33m - Junction
D/A : km 7.13 - alt. 45m - Nuremore Hotel
Visorando and this author cannot be held responsible in the case of accidents or problems occuring on this walk.
A 8km walk with clear views of Monaghan & neighbouring counties.
A 9.6km ramble taking in leafy limestone terrain from Treacy's hotel.
For more walks, use our search engine.
The GPS track and description are the property of the author.