This is a walk I'm really enjoying at the moment with flowers along the route and a view of the Barres de Cuers.
There's little difficulty, the false-flat is long, after the hives on the descent, so be aware.
The hives are magnificent.
Calculated time is computed with the distance, the height difference, and an average speed of 2.2 mph. For an intermediate walker, this time includes small breaks.
Park in the Cuers cemetery car park.
(D/A) With your back to the car park, turn left and go under the aqueduct. At the fork, turn right and then skip two paths leading off to the right.
At the next fork, go right on the small path that runs along the old stream and join the path.
(1) Ignore the Chemin des Régagnades on the left and take the Chemin des Tournels on the right.
Continue straight ahead through forest.
It follows an old stream which is on your left.
At the cairn, turn left (white route markers on trees) and climb. At the following cairn, turn left again (White markers) and climb again.
(2) When you get to a large path, turn right.
Follow the blue markers and first of all climb the false-flat before it start to weave.
(3) Stay on the large path to arrive at the crossing with the Pérussier.
(4) Turn right in a northwesterly direction, enjoy the view opposite of the Barres de Cuers. Reach the intersection with the tank.
(5) Take the small path on your right which is located in front of the tank (descent). Be careful, you need to pass around the tank on the longest side. Descend through the Vallon du Réal.
(6) At the fork, take the climbing located to your right (cairn). At the sheep enclosure, take a right-hand bend (a small descending path), leave the wood to reach a crossing toward the sheep pen.
(7) Turn left and take the small path straight ahead to find the ruins on your right.
At the cairn with greenish-yellow markers, turn right, go down a little to see the old stone hives (8).
Continue the descent which joins the large path you took on the outward leg.
Go left and then continue straight downhill, leave the wooden pole with a yellow pipe behind you and find the junction of the Chemin des Régagnades and the Chemin des Tournels paths.
(2) Turn right on the Chemin des Régagnades, and return to the intersection.
(1) Return on the path you took on the outward leg back the cemetery car park (D/A).
D/A : km 0 - alt. 151m
1 : km 0.57 - alt. 176m
2 : km 2.14 - alt. 275m
3 : km 2.67 - alt. 299m
4 : km 4.19 - alt. 429m - The Pérussier
5 : km 5.03 - alt. 408m - Cistern
6 : km 5.75 - alt. 345m - Right at the fork
7 : km 6.72 - alt. 382m - Left at the intersection
8 : km 7.25 - alt. 362m - Bees
D/A : km 10.29 - alt. 151m
Visorando and this author cannot be held responsible in the case of accidents or problems occuring on this walk.
A hike looping around the Maures hills in the middle of cork oak forests.
Lush vegetation with beautiful views of East Toulon.
You take a portion of the GR51 called "The Balcony of the Mediterranean".
A nice climb to the top of Coudon (altitude 702 m) near Toulon.
A walk through holm oaks to the Revest lake viewpoint passing by a cave which can be visited.
A natural asset exploited by the local glass industry.
A route through woodland where you will see the remains of dwellings, wells, sand and stone quarries, and former industry, near the derelict hamlet of Les Olivières.
Not a very long hike with less than 11 km but very hilly with a rocky, steep incline.
I went on two walks I found on Visorando: "Le Revest - Tourris Castle" and "Tourris and the Pyramide de Cassini" before finding this itinerary that I'm recommending. The beginning of the first until the departmental road then part of the initial section of the second. Unlike the "Pyramide de Cassini", we discovered a route that's not marked on the maps but which joins the "Chemin des Turcos" in a forested area. A walk with uneven terrain that can be difficult at times.
A short route that climbs up to the summit of the Loube mountain where you can enjoy a panoramic view over the sea and Alps. A wonderful walk with every step!
For more walks, use our search engine.
The GPS track and description are the property of the author.