Superb cliff-side walk. Views of Les Taillades, Robion and Cavaillon.
Calculated time is computed with the distance, the height difference, and an average speed of 2.2 mph. For an intermediate walker, this time includes small breaks.
Park in front of the town hall of Les Taillades.
(D/A) On leaving the car park, cross the road and take the lane to the left, following the sign to the Chapelle Saint-Gens. Pass the graveyard.
(1) Note on the right the lane by which you will return (Gorges de Badarel) and carry straight on following the yellow waymarks.
(2) Turn right up the Chemin du Boulon. Later, turn sharp left and follow the waymarks to the "Boulon" signpost.
(3) Turn right towards the Castelas on a little path leading down into the forest. Continue for about 2km with many uphill sections, fine views and cliffs. Where the path levels out, one can see Les Taillades, Robion and Cavaillon. Continue to the "Castelas" signpost.
(4) Turn right towards the Gorges de Badarel. After passing through the gorge, you arrive at a junction.
(5) Continue half right to reach the junction you noted at the beginning of the walk.
(1) Turn left to return to the car park from which you set out (D/A).
D/A : km 0 - alt. 114m
1 : km 0.38 - alt. 120m - Junction at the start and end of the loop
2 : km 1.02 - alt. 116m - Chemin du Boulon, turn right
3 : km 2.32 - alt. 163m - "Boulon" signpost - Source du Boulon
4 : km 4.33 - alt. 319m - "Castelas" signpost
5 : km 5.26 - alt. 135m - Junction, bear half right
D/A : km 6.04 - alt. 114m
The whole route is waymarked in yellow: there is no danger of getting lost.
The only minor difficulty is a ramp and small ladder in the Gorges de Badarel.
Visorando and this author cannot be held responsible in the case of accidents or problems occuring on this walk.
Excellent walk with an amazing uphill trail to "Les Rochers de Baude" leading to the ridges of the "Luberon plateau"
Circuit in the eastern Alpilles, first passing by the Notre-Dame de Beauregard chapel overlooking the Durance valley and a long tour over the Orgon plateau and its valleys.
A trek between Lagnes and Fontaine-de-Vaucluse on typical Provençal trails.
A short trail to discover the hidden attractions of the upper part of Cabrières d'Avignon: the distinctive architecture of the village houses, porticos and dry-stone walls, fountains and wash-houses, the cedar forest. It also includes Léopold Truc's "paradise", stone shelters ("bories") and olive groves.
A short trail to discover the hidden attractions of the western part of Cabrières d'Avignon: olive groves, vineyards, hills, cedars, the Plague Wall (the "Mur de la Peste")
A demanding route that climbs up to the crests above Fontaine-de-Vaucluse, where you will have unrivalled views.
Loop around Gordes and its dry stone dwellings, through the valley of Sénancole and its unique Sénanque Abbey.
The route leads up the Véroncle canyon then down the south-facing slopes of the Monts de Vaucluse.
For more walks, use our search engine.
The GPS track and description are the property of the author.