The walk starts from the car park on Slag Lane and follows a clockwise circular route around Pennington Flash.
Calculated time is computed with the distance, the height difference, and an average speed of 2.2 mph. For an intermediate walker, this time includes small breaks.
(D/A) Take the path south parallel to the road out of the car park. Continue south on track. Head East along the substantial track
(1) Follow track east parallel to the lake. The path heads north. Follow good path north-west. Follow track upslope
(2) Take branch south downslope briefly before taking muddy track west towards lake. Follow the track south-east to the hard path. Head south on a solid path.
(3) Take track south-east off the main path towards the lake. Continue South beside the lake. Refreshments usually available here. Take footbridge over Pennington Brook and take the path west closest to the lake. Continue west beside the lake.
(4) Path heads south-west beside the lake. Continue south-west on the path. Continue west beside the lake. Take the path through the wood.
(5) Take good quality path north-west. Head west on the path. Turn north on Sandy Lane. Follow lane west in front of cottages.
(6) Take the path north off lane. Continue north on the east side of farm buildings. Cross Hey Brook via a bridge. Take the pedestrian path by road north back to start.(D/A)
D/A : km 0 - alt. 23m - Car Park
1 : km 0.16 - alt. 23m - Lake Side
2 : km 1.53 - alt. 22m - Footbridge
3 : km 2.08 - alt. 19m - Osprey Island
4 : km 2.9 - alt. 20m - Car park
5 : km 3.6 - alt. 24m - Sorrowcow Farm
6 : km 4.52 - alt. 30m - Byron Lane
D/A : km 5.37 - alt. 23m - Car Park
Food and drink available in car park half way around.
Parking at start.
More details : http://www.graemelinford.com/walks/penni...
Visorando and this author cannot be held responsible in the case of accidents or problems occuring on this walk.
The walk starts from Pennington Flash car park and follows the anticlockwise circular route via Golborne Park and Lowton.
The walk starts from Bickershaw and follows the anticlockwise circular route via Amberswood, Low Hall and Victoria Fields.
The walk starts at Abram by Kingdown Flash (01Start) and follows the anticlockwise circular route via Bickershaw Park and Fan Lodge ponds.
Walk starts from Viridor Wood car park and follows anti clockwise circularroute via Viridor Wood and Three Sisters Park.
The walk starts opposite Cowburn St Hindley and follows anti-clockwise circular route around Westhoughton Common.
The walk starts from Mill Lane in Hindley and follows the clockwise circular route via Borsdane Wood and Westhoughton Common.
Walk starts from Hindley Mill Lane and follows anticlockwise circular route via Borsdane Wood, Pennington Green, Kirkless Wood and Hindley Hall.
Circular walk starting from Wigan Flashes and including Bryn Gates Lane, Viridor Wood and canal towpath.
For more walks, use our search engine.
The GPS track and description are the property of the author.