The walk starts from Pennington Flash car park and follows the anticlockwise circular route via Golborne Park and Lowton.
Calculated time is computed with the distance, the height difference, and an average speed of 2.2 mph. For an intermediate walker, this time includes small breaks.
(D/A) Leave the car park and turn left on Slag Lane. Turn right on Lightsaw Lane.
(1) At the gate, take the footpath on the north side of the gate. and follow it between fences.
(2) Turn left to leave lane via footpath and head south-west to Winnard Street.
(3) Turn right along the main road and then take Ashton Road over the railway on your left.
(4) Turn left on Rock Street. In the park, take the first right along Golborne Park boundary. Follow the path going south and then south-east.
(5) Cross the bridge into Poplar Street and cross over A573 into Heywood Avenue. At Lowton Road, turn right.
(6) Take the pathway between houses and then through parkland.
(7) Turn right and take then the first track on your left, and left again at the next junction with the disused rail track.
(8) Head briefly east along Byrom Lane and take then the track to the north. Continue north past farm entrance and you'll be back on Slag Lane. There, turn right and walk back to the car park.(D/A)
D/A : km 0 - alt. 25m - Car park
1 : km 0.89 - alt. 24m - Gate
2 : km 2.01 - alt. 31m - Lightshaw Hall
3 : km 3.18 - alt. 43m - Winnard Street
4 : km 3.54 - alt. 47m - Rock Street
5 : km 4.8 - alt. 43m - Bridge
6 : km 6.29 - alt. 40m - Pathway
7 : km 7.38 - alt. 34m - Junction
8 : km 8.63 - alt. 32m - Byrom Lane
D/A : km 9.65 - alt. 24m - Car park
Food and drink available in Lowton.
Parking at start.
More details : http://www.graemelinford.com/walks/lowto...
Visorando and this author cannot be held responsible in the case of accidents or problems occuring on this walk.
The walk starts from the car park on Slag Lane and follows a clockwise circular route around Pennington Flash.
The walk starts from Bickershaw and follows the anticlockwise circular route via Amberswood, Low Hall and Victoria Fields.
The walk starts at Abram by Kingdown Flash (01Start) and follows the anticlockwise circular route via Bickershaw Park and Fan Lodge ponds.
Walk starts from Viridor Wood car park and follows anti clockwise circularroute via Viridor Wood and Three Sisters Park.
The walk starts opposite Cowburn St Hindley and follows anti-clockwise circular route around Westhoughton Common.
The walk starts from Mill Lane in Hindley and follows the clockwise circular route via Borsdane Wood and Westhoughton Common.
Walk starts from Hindley Mill Lane and follows anticlockwise circular route via Borsdane Wood, Pennington Green, Kirkless Wood and Hindley Hall.
Circular walk starting from Wigan Flashes and including Bryn Gates Lane, Viridor Wood and canal towpath.
For more walks, use our search engine.
The GPS track and description are the property of the author.