Walk from Moor Lane to Mobberley Golf Course passing through Nature Reserve.
Calculated time is computed with the distance, the height difference, and an average speed of 2.2 mph. For an intermediate walker, this time includes small breaks.
(D/A) Walk past the garden centre on Moor Lane and follow the road past Barlow House Farm.
(1) Turn right along the footpath towards Lindow Farm. Keep right on the footpath and head towards Saltersley Moss Nature Reserve.
(2) Turn left along the footpath towards Saltersley Farm. This crosses Lindow Moss along a very pleasant route.
(3) Turn left at Saltersley Farm and after a short distance take the footpath on the left. Cross some fields with Hollingee Farm on the right and enter Mobberley Golf Course.
(4) Take the footpath towards Graveyard Lane.
(5) Cross Graveyard Lane and follow the footpath immediately ahead. Cross two fileds and turn left towards Moss Lane.
(6) Turn left at Moss Lane and then right at Ivy House Farm. Follow the small drive and cross the stile into fields. Follow the path to Paddock Hill Lane. Turn left at Paddock Hill Lane. There are some Alpaca farms along this road. Continue past the Plough and Flail Pub or stop off if you fancy a drink and something to eat.
(7) Turn right along the footpath after the Plough and Flail pub and turn left into Clay Lane. Turn right at Moor Lane and back to the start of the walk.(D/A)
D/A : km 0 - alt. 75m - Moor Lane
1 : km 0.99 - alt. 70m - Lindow Farm
2 : km 1.59 - alt. 74m - Footpath
3 : km 2.19 - alt. 77m - Saltersley Farm
4 : km 2.86 - alt. 69m - Graveyard Lane
5 : km 3.61 - alt. 69m - Graveyard Lane
6 : km 4.08 - alt. 67m - Moss Lane
7 : km 5.09 - alt. 70m - Footpath
D/A : km 6.26 - alt. 75m - Moor Lane
Visorando and this author cannot be held responsible in the case of accidents or problems occuring on this walk.
Global average : 4.67/5
Number of opinions : 1
Description quality : 5/5
Routemap quality : 4/5
Walk interest : 5/5
Global average : 4.67 / 5
Date of walk
Description quality : Very good
Routemap quality : Good
Walk interest : Very good
A really pleasant walk and we saw parts of the locality we have not seen before.
This is a short walk around Lindow Moss. The area became famous when Lindow Man was discovered by peat cutters in August 1984. The footpath skirts the edge of Lindow Moss where peat is still extracted. There is a Lindow Moss website here and you can find information about Lindow Man here. This route keeps to the public footpaths, but there are many unofficial routes across the moss.
Easy walk from Upcast Lane to Clay Lane and around Row-of-Trees.
An interesting, level walk around the peatlands and heathlands of Lindow Moss, passing two attractive lakes.
Historic farmhouses, a picturesque lake and wildlife-rich woodland and peatland.
Farmland walking along tracks and field paths, returning via Saltersley Hall and an area of heathery peatland.
This pleasant walk takes in some less well known parts of Wilmslow and Alderley Edge. There are lots of horses along this route and some pleasant views of Alderley Edge and its big houses.
Lindow Common is a very popular area and is well worth a visit in its own right. The common is crisscrossed by numerous footpaths and contains the Black Lake. It’s worthwhile exploring areas away from Black Lake where there are some small pools and expanses of heather. There is a lot of conservation work being carried out on the common which is designed to keep its open aspect and to protect wildlife and fauna. It is designated as a site of special scientific interest.
Beautiful walk from Fulshaw Cross to Alderley Golf Course.
For more walks, use our search engine.
The GPS track and description are the property of the author.