In the land of fruit trees, a walk through the valleys and hills. Sunken paths, springs, viewpoints and built heritage enhance this outing.
Calculated time is computed with the distance, the height difference, and an average speed of 2.2 mph. For an intermediate walker, this time includes small breaks.
Marked hike n°106
Parking lot located Grande Rue in front of the town hall.
(D/A) With your back to the town hall, turn right into the Grande Rue. Follow it and cross the level crossing. Just after crossing it, turn left onto the dirt road. Go up to reach a Y-shaped crossing.
(1) Continue up to the left. Reach a small road.
(2) Turn left. In front of the waste drop-off point des Fouets, take the street on the right for about 100 meters.
(3) Go left following Argenton. Pass the Rue des, Fortes Terres on the left. At the beginning of a curve on the left, take the path on the right (electric pole in the corner of the 2 streets). Turn left to the well and walk between the houses (the configuration of the site suggests that it is on private land). Join the previously abandoned road and turn right again to find a crow's footpath entrance.
(4) Go down to the left. Leave a start on the left. Pass by an old pumping station. Then, forget the lateral departures to reach the property of Villemorin-le-Haut. Shortly before the latter, turn right, cross an old sunken road and go down the dividing path between 2 fields. When you reach the crossroads, turn right onto the path. Join a road.
(5) Cross over to a fast right-left to get back onto a path lined with high hedges. At the Perreuse farm on your left, go down to join the road D950.
(6) Turn right and keep the shoulder straight staying very vigilant. At the lane on the left indicating Champeaux, cross carefuly road D950 and take the direction of this hamlet. Cross the railway, cross the Ouanne river and shortly after the right angle curve, continue about 100 meters.
(7) Turn left and go up on a rude path to reach a 4 roads cross with beautiful views.
(8) Go to the left. Reach a larger route going down on the right.
(9) Go slightly left to take it. Go past the Moulin de la Forge Neuve. Continue with one of the branches of the Ouanne below, which sometimes takes its ease in this valley. On the left, the Château de Dracy, draped in red brick, can be seen through the foliage. Shortly before the first houses, leave the path to the right. At the stop sign, join the Rue du Château and turn left crossing the road carefuly. Turn right onto the Grande Rue to reach the town hall and the parking lot (D/A).
D/A : km 0 - alt. 177m - Dracy town all
1 : km 0.75 - alt. 191m - Y-shaped crossroad
2 : km 1.52 - alt. 223m - Ended on a road
3 : km 2.04 - alt. 240m - Crossroad in les Fouets
4 : km 2.64 - alt. 231m - Crossroad with a crow's foot path
5 : km 4.16 - alt. 214m - Ended on road D215
6 : km 5.37 - alt. 191m - Ended on road D950 - L'Ouanne (rivière)
7 : km 6.13 - alt. 185m - Champeaux
8 : km 6.49 - alt. 214m - Crossroad of 4 paths
9 : km 7.33 - alt. 185m - Ended on a large route
D/A : km 8.52 - alt. 177m - Dracy town all
Car park : The car park at the starting point is not very large, but if necessary there is a car park in front of the conservatory orchard for a few cars.
After the conservatory orchard, a small path leads off to the left along part of a curved wall. It passes under the railway line and joins the path that climbs to (1). Only use it during very dry periods.
Some of the paths become muddy and slippery in heavy rain.
Warning: during the hunting time, get a bright waistcoat.
This marked trail following the markup charter of the Community of Communes of Puisaye-Forterre bears the number 106 inscribed on plates with a yellow background. The markup was carried out by the association A chacun son chemin en Puisaye-Forterre in December 2021. Careful when you cross roads. The fact that the markup is mentioned however requires that you leave at least with this description and its IGN map or the visorando app.
In case of trouble, thank you to fill the questionnary (it will take you 1 or 2 minutes).
Visorando and this author cannot be held responsible in the case of accidents or problems occuring on this walk.
Dracy has been known since antiquity for its metallurgical activity. The presence of ironworks and evocative localities (le Grand Trou, Argenton, les Fourneaux, etc.) bear witness to this past. A visit to the conservatory orchard in the heart of the village, close to the start, is a must for enthusiasts.
Between the longer hikes around Toucy and the discovery of down-town, this walk allows you to gain heigh in order to contemplate this screen of greenery which surrounds the village. These paths, oftenly traveled, offered a great diversity.
This very natural outing allows you to discover the landscaped paths, shaped by man over the centuries. It allows, with some beautiful viewpoints, to discover the Puisaye and the town of Toucy, nestled against a hill.
All along the route, you will discover centenaries trees, educational signs about the chestnut tree.
Marked hike N°1.
This trail, dedicated to Colette, was opened in 1993 by the pupils of the Colette college of Saint-Sauveur en Puisaye. Along this trail, everything recalls the works of this author, born in Saint-Sauveur en Puisaye in 1873. The author has described her birthplace so well - that even though she has given other names to the villages and characters, you can sense her literature at every corner.
Marked hike N°2.
A hike in the heart of the birthplace of Colette. Through woods and passing by ponds, often described in her work.
Marked hike N°44.
Across the woods and the fields, passing the ponds, you will discover areas where the earth has been shaped into artistic creations and pottery.
The springs and washhouses without forgetting the Château and the Chapel of Chéry will be the most important heritage sites to discover for this outing. Throughout this route, alternation between valleys and hills where points of view are numerous.
Discover the flora and fauna that populate these old swamps that have shaped the environment of this lake, surrounded by woods and forests.
For more walks, use our search engine.
The GPS track and description are the property of the author.