An easy hike along three streams: le Cens, l'Erdre, and le Gesvres. Nature within the town of Nantes.
Calculated time is computed with the distance, the height difference, and an average speed of 2.2 mph. For an intermediate walker, this time includes small breaks.
Start from Petit Port Ice-rink (car park just opposite, tram nearby).
(S/F) Opposite the ice-rink, head left on Chemin de la Censive. Turn right at the first fork.
(1) Head left along "le Cens" stream until you reach the junction with "l'Erdre" stream.
(2) Where "le Cens" flows into "l'Erdre", go left along "l'Erdre" bank following the GR3 towards "la Jonelière".
(3) Before reaching the railway viaduct, leave the GR and head onto Chemin de la Pierre Percée. Take the path along "le Gesvres" stream until "Le Boulevard Martin Luther King". Cross the road, heading along the right-hand side to the north until you reach the ring road.
(4) Head back due south on a trail. The trail heads of to the right passing in front of a lake.
(5) Turn off to the left reaching Rue Stéphane Leduc to the right.
(6) Cross the tramway tracks and keep going on the other side. At the roundabout, turn right, then left across the racetrack.
(7) At the exit, head left at Boulevard des Tribunes roundabout leading to the ice-rink (S/F).
D/A : km 0 - alt. km 0
1 : km 0.14 - alt. km 0.14 - To the left, along "Cens" stream
2 : km 0.56 - alt. km 0.56 - Confluence with "l'Erdre" stream - Erdre (rivière)
3 : km 2.05 - alt. km 2.05 - Left, along "Gesvres" stream
4 : km 3.71 - alt. km 3.71 - Near the ring road
5 : km 4.47 - alt. km 4.47 - Towards Rue Stéphane Leduc
6 : km 4.75 - alt. km 4.75 - Tramway tracks
7 : km 5.94 - alt. km 5.94 - Left at Boulevard des Tribunes roundabout
D/A : km 6.46 - alt. km 6.46
We advise taking IGN maps with you on this walk. Click here to buy : 1223SB.
Visorando and this author cannot be held responsible in the case of accidents or problems occuring on this walk.
Castle located on the edge of "l'Erdre" stream.
La Jonelière: Opportunity to visit the houseboats. This was a leisure area for Nantes residents at the end of the 19th and beginning of the 20th century,
The railway viaduct.
Nearby: The Nantes football club "Jonelière " sports centre.
Discover an unusual trail, following the banks of "La Rigole Alimentaire”, a small canal feeding into Vioreau Pond. The canal crosses the valley of the Erdre thanks to four aqueducts with eight to ten arches and travels underground over 600 m. It is, moreover, spanned by many picturesque stone bridges... During your walk you can admire the Castle of La Lucinière and the wooded area on the other side of the Valley of Erdre.
For more walks, use our search engine.
The GPS track and description are the property of the author.