A pretty walk between the countryside and the seaside. The Pointe de Penn Lann stands guard over the Vilaine Estuary.
Calculated time is computed with the distance, the height difference, and an average speed of 2.2 mph. For an intermediate walker, this time includes small breaks.
Access: Take the N165 between Nantes and Vannes. When leaving Muzillac, follow the D5 in the direction of Billiers.
There are many places to park in Billiers around the church. Toilets are available. You will follow a PR®, although its waymarking is difficult to find.
(D/A) Behind the church take Grande Rue towards Bréhondec. Follow along the tarmacked road until you reach a fork with a cross in the middle of it.
(1) Turn right and continue straight ahead on the dirt path. Cross through the area of warehouses and follow the tarmacked path on the right.
(2) Continue to the left on the seldom used tarmacked road. Go past the wastewater treatment plant on the right and then the hamlet of Kervail. 300m later, turn right and continue on to the fork with a cross.
(3) Follow the tarmacked path for about 500m and just before Le Bourg L’Étang, turn left onto the farm track until you reach the place called Guernehué.
(4) At the farm, turn left for 100m then right and continue through the pine forest until you reach the coastal path (GR® 34-39).
(5) Follow the coastal path up to Pointe de Penn Lann. Pass the Dolmen, the Crapaud (6) and then Grays Cairn (7).
(8) Go past the front of the hotel and re-join the coastal path so as to go around Pointe de Penn Lann, and then go past Billiers Port. The levy along from the Billiers seaside gîte is closed with barricades.
(9) Go over the barricades and follow along the levy. At the end of this first section, there is a slightly difficult section to cross further up from the seaside gite. Follow the path along the marshes and, at the junction with the D5, turn right to return to the church (D/A).
D/A : km 0 - alt. 19m
1 : km 0.17 - alt. 22m - Turn right onto a dirt path.
2 : km 1.13 - alt. 10m - Taramacked path on the left.
3 : km 2.42 - alt. 6m - Fork with a cross.
4 : km 3.75 - alt. 17m - Turn left in the place called Guernehué.
5 : km 4.12 - alt. 14m - Turn right onto the coastal path.
6 : km 4.89 - alt. 5m - Dolmen du Crapaud
7 : km 5.44 - alt. 11m - Grays Cairn
8 : km 6.14 - alt. 6m - Variation
9 : km 7.43 - alt. 4m - Go over the barricades to continue on the GR.
D/A : km 10.58 - alt. 19m
Granges beach is perfect for a picnic.
Water point and toilets.
Variation: at point (8), follow the D5 for 900m and then re-join the GR® on the left.
We advise taking IGN maps with you on this walk. Click here to buy : 1021SB, 1022OT.
Visorando and this author cannot be held responsible in the case of accidents or problems occuring on this walk.
This hike starts at the car park of the Mine d’Or beach, along the coast north to Haut-Pénestin, to return by internal paths to reach the sea at Maresclé beach and then the starting point.
For more walks, use our search engine.
The GPS track and description are the property of the author.