Classic walking roundtrip through the sorroundings of Bolvir, a village in Baixa Cerdanya, Catalonia.
Calculated time is computed with the distance, the height difference, and an average speed of 2.2 mph. For an intermediate walker, this time includes small breaks.
(D/A) Start your walk by the Chapel of Remei following the path (to the north) till the very first crossing.
(1) At the crossing, follow the paved path to the left, close to the channel providing water to the village of Bolvir, crossing nice forests and having splendid views of the Cadí mountains.
(2) Through the way, you will eventually see an old bridge hidden in the shadows. Keep following the path till next crossing
(3) At the crossing, turn left, entering the streets of Bolvir: Espiraltes St., then Urgell St. Once in Bolvir, you may eventually visit
(4) Church of Saint Cecile and her sister, the Chapel of Esperança. Keep walking through Antoni Elies St. till The Chapel of Remei. This part of the track is a pleasant walk through the shadows.(D/A)
D/A : km 0 - alt. 1156m - Chapel of Remei
1 : km 0.84 - alt. 1191m - Crossing
2 : km 2.69 - alt. 1190m - Bridge
3 : km 3.79 - alt. 1180m - Crossing
4 : km 4.12 - alt. 1138m - Church of Bolvir
D/A : km 5.18 - alt. 1150m - Chapel of Remei
You may find water fountains at (4)
Further information of this track (including pictures) available in https://www.cerdanya.eu/2018/07/29/tc077...
Visorando and this author cannot be held responsible in the case of accidents or problems occuring on this walk.
Chapel of Remei
(4) Church of Saint Cecile and Chapel of Esperança
The village of Portè is a well-known holiday destination in the Alta Cerdanya. Many routes are available in its surroundings, hiking the mountains or connecting the nearby lakes. This is probably the most classical one, visiting the Font Viva lake, under the shadows of the Carlit peak (2921 m.). There, you may find many water sources and falls, pines and flowers, wild and domestic animals.
For more walks, use our search engine.
The GPS track and description are the property of the author.