Your path is the customs trail near Telgruc-sur-Mer, on the Crozon peninsula, at the tip of Brittany, has breathtaking panoramas in fine weather and thrills in rough weather.
Calculated time is computed with the distance, the height difference, and an average speed of 2.2 mph. For an intermediate walker, this time includes small breaks.
(S) From the end of the grass car park at Trez Bihan Beach, take the path right and walk along the beach on the cliff. Pass by, on your left, the stairs leading to the beach and go straight. Follow the path that goes into the pine woods and turn right to begin a fairly steep climb to get up the coast.
(1) Continue on the path that passes back through another pine and goes down to thirty metres into a right turn. Continue on the path among the gorse bushes of a heath, at times becoming a little stony. After a stretch in the open, the path passes under more pine trees to then resume in an open area, taking a path along the fields to the right, from above. Keep to the same path and through a small pass and then a sharp descent followed by a climb up to the Pointe du Guern.
(2) At the foot of the Pointe, turn right (a detour up to the left is a way to enjoy the view at the summit). Go straight ahead on the road, under the cover of vegetation, to find yourself at a crossroads after a climb. Then, take the first right and go straight ahead until you reach a 90° left turn (3), taking you to the corner of the wood.
Keep to a route between the wood and the field, keeping the field to your left to find the path which continues to run between the fields to the left and woods to the right.
After passing by a path from the left (4), turn right at the next intersection and continue to and pass by an isolated house, overlooking the slope in front of it (5). The path then leads you to a paved road to be followed downhill. You will see, in the distance ahead of you, the Telgruc beach, Trez-Bellec. Head onto the second road on your right and pass a house in the area known as “Kergariou” keeping on straight ahead.
(6) This rejoins the GR34 coastal path which you should take, turning right. Follow the path along the sea on your left, to the Pen ar Vir. Drive around the tip to reach Trez Bihan Beach on your right (steep cliff). Continue on the dirt road back to the starting point at the grassy car park.
D/A : km 0 - alt. 19m
1 : km 0.7 - alt. 84m - End of the climb
2 : km 1.99 - alt. 64m - At the foot of the Pointe du Guern
3 : km 2.48 - alt. 66m - Turn right at the junction
4 : km 2.88 - alt. 78m - take the right-hand fork
5 : km 3.78 - alt. 99m - pass the path to go right
6 : km 5.14 - alt. 21m - Junction with the hillside path
D/A : km 6.11 - alt. 18m
- Car park at the starting point (few spaces available July - August).
- Sturdy boots and a pair of binoculars are recommended.
- Little supply in summer (water).
- Warm and waterproof gear are recommended in case of rough weather.
- The route runs through the protected area of the Parc d’Armorique so do not leave the path and, of course, light no fires.
- Some view points on cliff edges may present risks.
- Rock climbing should only be undertaken by qualified persons with the necessary equipment.
- This hike, if done with children, requires increased vigilance.
- A 2-hour hike to be adjusted for physical condition and any stops to enjoy the scenery.
Visorando and this author cannot be held responsible in the case of accidents or problems occuring on this walk.
- A full view of the Bay of Douarnenez.
- Views across the wild coastline and Morgat in the distance.
- Fauna and flora typical of the edges of cliffs.
- Trez Bihan Beach provides an opportunity for a swim.
- Eating and shopping opportunities in Telgruc-sur-Mer.
Beautiful tour largely on the coastal path (GR34), via Cap de la Chèvre, which overlooks the bay of Douarnenez.
A wonderful stroll on the Crozon peninsula. Between steep cliffs, sandy beaches and megalith alignments, one of the most beautiful walks in Brittany.
Discover the remains of the Manor of Saint-Alouarn and the mill, via the Quimper-Douarnenez bike route and country roads.
A walk between the famous Pointe du Van and Pointe du Raz, passing through the Baie des Trépassés.
For more walks, use our search engine.
The GPS track and description are the property of the author.