(S) Departure from the Antiques of Glanum car park in Saint Rémy de Provence.
Please note, paying car park from 10 am to 6 pm: €2.70 (May 2014).
(1) From the car park, cross the D5, then down to the left towards Saint Rémy for 100 metres.
After the bridge, turn right in the direction of "Egalières" and pass the Cloister Saint Paul de Mausole. Follow the signs for the GR6 (Red and White) by Chemin des Carrières up to a chapel.
(2) A sign for Saint Clerg indicates a right turn uphill. Pass the ancient site of Glanum and follow the valley on the trail to a small road in the hills.
(3) Turn left and continue this road that goes to the telecommunications tower. At a water tank, pass the track off to the right, then the left.
(4) A few metres from the Signal de la Caume, pass the GR6 that goes left to Gaudre de Valrugue.
Continue along this marked GR dirt road, past the tower.
Before the geodesic monument, turn right to reach the trail in front of a sign (protected area).
Follow the ridge to the left via the GR6. After some rocky passages, head down to the south side of the Alpilles.
The GR6 passes between the rocks in a forest, to the Col de Vallongue (narrow rocky path).
(5) Go down to the left of rocks and scree up through undergrowth, to get on a path and return GR653D.
(6) Turn left along the airfield, cross a barrier, leave the track left the Romanin cave.
’’No more markings''
(7) When the road makes a 90° turn to the right, pass by the markings to the right. Pass the fence on the right, do not take the path that goes left, but find a path along the the right. It meets up with the path and continues straight ahead. Allow the next road to pass by on the right and continue to a junction (138).
(8) Pass the paths right and left and take the path that starts ahead behind a metal sign.
Cut up a first path and continue until you find another path. Cut through again and continue ahead on a small path that goes up and out of the woods and leads to a large open space.
(9) Head across the path again and go straight ahead on the short path; 50 m away, pass the right-hand path and take the path on the left at a right angle to the Alpilles.
100 m on, it turns right and comes to a fork. Continue on the left path up. After an overgrown part at a field, pass by the path on the right and go left on a path that becomes wider.
This path runs along the foot of the Alpilles for about 800 m up to a crossroad (the start of the trail of Gaudre de Valrugue; GR6).
(10) Continue along the same road for a little over a kilometre to reach the site of Glanum. Turn right on the yellow marked path to find the chapel passed on the way in.
(2) Turn left and walk the same path as on the way to return to the car park (1)