Great walk through Little Watford, Over Peover, Snelson and Marthall.
Calculated time is computed with the distance, the height difference, and an average speed of 2.2 mph. For an intermediate walker, this time includes small breaks.
(D/A) Start the walk on Sandle Bridge Lane and head towards Baguley Fold and then to Pinfold Lane. Turn right at Pinfold Lane and then take the footpath on the left before reaching Sandle Bridge Lane. Continue to Chelford Road and turn right.
(1) Cross Chelford Road and after a very short walk take the footpath to Moss Road. Cross Moss Road and continue straight ahead to School Lane and turn right. There are some lovely old houses and cottages along this lane. Take the footpath on your left at the fork in the road towards Ash Farm, and then to Radbrook Hall. Continue on towards Stocks Lane and turn right.
(2) Just after the Whipping Stocks Inn on the left turn into a drive past a gatehouse towards Ambrose Acre. Cross the bridge over the stream and continue on to Peover Hall, turning left through the estate and then left Four Lane Ends. Stop off at Peover Hall if you like and take a look at the Church.
(3) Just before Four Lane End, take the path on the left to Stocks Lane and then turn right and then left along a bridleway towards Newhall Farm. Turn right after the farm and then right again towards Colshaw Hall.
(4) Pass the Hall and exit into Stocks Lane and turn left. After a few yards, turn left down a drive and then immediately turn right along the path through the gate, Continue on a pleasant route past Merrydale Farm on your left.
(5) Just before entering Chelford Road turn sharp left through a farm and continue on towards the water tower. Turn right after the water tower and take the footpath, straight ahead, to Sandhole Farm.
(6) Turn right into Snelson Lane and then left at the junction and then immediately right along the footpath towards Chelford Road. Cross Chelford Road and follow the footpath immediately ahead towards Sandle Bridge Lane and turn right. Follow the Lane turning left at the bridge to the start of the walk.(D/A)
D/A : km 0 - alt. 64m - Sandle Bridge Lane
1 : km 1.87 - alt. 69m - Chelford Road
2 : km 6.23 - alt. 69m - Whipping Stocks
3 : km 8.64 - alt. 71m - Four Lane End
4 : km 10.02 - alt. 72m - Hall
5 : km 11.73 - alt. 81m - Chelford Road
6 : km 13.27 - alt. 75m - Snelson Lane
D/A : km 15.86 - alt. 65m - Sandle Bridge Lane
Visorando and this author cannot be held responsible in the case of accidents or problems occuring on this walk.
Circular and flat walk from Noahs Ark Lane to Carter Lane.
Lovely walk around the Wilmslow Golf Course from Chelford Road to Knutsford Road.
Nice and flat walk from Mobberley to Paddockhill Lane.
This walk is along a number of quiet roads and footpaths.
Farmland walking along tracks and field paths, returning via Saltersley Hall and an area of heathery peatland.
Historic farmhouses, a picturesque lake and wildlife-rich woodland and peatland.
An interesting, level walk around the peatlands and heathlands of Lindow Moss, passing two attractive lakes.
Great and flat walk from Mobberley to Mountpleasant Farm.
For more walks, use our search engine.
The GPS track and description are the property of the author.