Surfaced roads and tracks with fine views over the Wye valley.
(S/E) From Beech Croft Farm campsite entrance, turn left and walk along the road, passing the entrance to reception on your right. Keep on for 1⁄4 mile, passing a series of farm entrances, until you reach a crossroads.
(1) Cross carefully and follow the road opposite (signposted Priestcliffe and Taddington). Walk uphill through the hamlet of Priestcliffe Ditch for 1⁄3 mile; when the road bends right, follow it (the track on the left is your return route).
(2) At the next crossroads, turn left. Follow this single-track road for 1⁄2 mile to Priestcliffe.
(3) Pass a turning on the right, then at Lydgate Farm take the left-hand fork with a footpath sign pointing to Millers Dale. Ignore a footpath sign shortly afterwards pointing off to the right then, at a second footpath sign after 1⁄3 mile, bear left along the track.
(4) At a third footpath sign, this time on the left, bend right, still following the same track, as it starts to descend with views opening up over the Wye valley (the footpath merely cuts a corner). Follow the track round a left-hand bend and past a small limestone outcrop on your left.
(5) When you meet another track (Long Lane) at a T-junction, turn left. After 3⁄4 mile of gradual ascent, you meet the road again. (1) Turn right and retrace your steps through Priestcliffe Ditch. At the crossroads, keep straight on back to Beech Croft Farm campsite. (S/E)
- S/E : km 0 - alt. 328 m - Beech Croft Farm campsite
- 1 : km 1 - alt. 355 m - Hamlet of Priestcliffe Ditch
- 2 : km 1.13 - alt. 357 m - Crossroads
- 3 : km 1.91 - alt. 327 m - Priestcliffe - Lydgate Farm
- 4 : km 2.8 - alt. 317 m - Views opening up over the Wye valley
- 5 : km 3.2 - alt. 277 m - Priestcliffe Ditch
- S/E : km 5.29 - alt. 328 m - Beech Croft Farm campsite
An all-weather route on surfaced roads and tracks throughout.
Also suitable for mountain bikes (one moderately steep descent).
Please note: parking and toilet facilities at Beech Croft Farm are for guests only. You can park your car at Millers Dale car park and start from there. To join the track at waypoint (5) follow B6049 in a western direction and take the second path on your left-hand side.
Pdf link : http://walksfromthedoor.co.uk/i/walks/De...
Beech Croft Farm Caravan Park and Campsite
Blackwell in the Peak, Taddington, near Buxton,
Derbyshire SK17 9TQ
Tel: 01298 85330
Always stay careful and alert while following a route. Visorando and the author of this walk cannot be held responsible in the event of an accident during this route.
During the walk or to do/see around
Nearby Taddington is a larger village with a church and two pubs. The Queens Arms is in the centre of the village, whilst the Church Inn, at Chelmorton, is just a 30-minute walk away on the Pennine Bridleway.
The GPS track and description are the property of the author.