Between the longer hikes around Toucy and the discovery of down-town, this walk allows you to gain heigh in order to contemplate this screen of greenery which surrounds the village. These paths, oftenly traveled, offered a great diversity.
Calculated time is computed with the distance, the height difference, and an average speed of 2.2 mph. For an intermediate walker, this time includes small breaks.
Parking lot departure and return, in the center of Toucy, Place des Frères Genêt. Marked hike n°77.`
(D/A) Join Rue Emile Genêt, cross it to take the alley on the right of the furniture store (large windows). Cross Rue Paul Bert and continue up by Rue de la Poterne. At the top, turn right in Rue Lucile Cormier to reach Boulevard Pierre Larousse.
(1) Go left, cross first, Rue Paul Defrance then turn right. Keep the left sidewalk until Rue de la Vau Laurier. Take it, in the curve, up, leave the asphalt and go slightly on the right. Keep the main way leaving, on the left, a path.
(2) Arriving on the road, go straight, then turn left, the street ends as a path. At the crow's feet, turn right and then next left.
(3) Keep to the left-hand shoulder for a few meters and turn left at right angles.
(4) In Verrigny, turn left 4 times in a row to find a path. Pass by the Fontaine des Vergers. The road ends up on an asphalt road.
(5) Cross it and go straight. Follow the Avenue de Kusel and come to an intersection.
(6) Go down to the right.
(7) At the roundabout, leave the Avenue to Rue des Montagnes. Walk down the entire street, passing the high school on your left and the library on your right. Reach the Rue Paul Defrance.
(8) Cross the latter and go down the Rue du Marché and then the Rue Paul Verger. When you reach the Place Pierre Larousse, keep the statue on your right, pass the Rue Paul Bert and take the Rue Colette. At the end of the latter, cross Rue Emile Genêt to reach the starting point. (D/A).
D/A : km 0 - alt. 187m - Rue Emile Genêt
1 : km 0.3 - alt. 199m - Cross with the main Avenue
2 : km 2.09 - alt. 293m - End on an asphalt road
3 : km 3.05 - alt. 286m - The Paillot House
4 : km 3.54 - alt. 281m - Arrival at Verrigny
5 : km 5.04 - alt. 282m - End on an asphalt road - Pyramide du Loup
6 : km 5.98 - alt. 252m - Avenue de Kusel
7 : km 6.21 - alt. 241m - Rue des Montagnes
8 : km 6.77 - alt. 204m - X Rue Paul de France -Rue du Marché - Eglise Saint-Pierre de Toucy
D/A : km 7.11 - alt. 187m - Rue Emile Genêt
The fact that the markup is mentioned however requires that you leave at least with this description and its IGN map or the visorando app.
Visorando and this author cannot be held responsible in the case of accidents or problems occuring on this walk.
This very natural outing allows you to discover the landscaped paths, shaped by man over the centuries. It allows, with some beautiful viewpoints, to discover the Puisaye and the town of Toucy, nestled against a hill.
In the land of fruit trees, a walk through the valleys and hills. Sunken paths, springs, viewpoints and built heritage enhance this outing.
All along the route, you will discover centenaries trees, educational signs about the chestnut tree.
The springs and washhouses without forgetting the Château and the Chapel of Chéry will be the most important heritage sites to discover for this outing. Throughout this route, alternation between valleys and hills where points of view are numerous.
Marked hike N°1.
This trail, dedicated to Colette, was opened in 1993 by the pupils of the Colette college of Saint-Sauveur en Puisaye. Along this trail, everything recalls the works of this author, born in Saint-Sauveur en Puisaye in 1873. The author has described her birthplace so well - that even though she has given other names to the villages and characters, you can sense her literature at every corner.
Marked hike N°2.
A hike in the heart of the birthplace of Colette. Through woods and passing by ponds, often described in her work.
Marked hike N°44.
Across the woods and the fields, passing the ponds, you will discover areas where the earth has been shaped into artistic creations and pottery.
Marked hike N°7.
This hike is themed by springs and wash-houses. The water flowing from the springs supplies the groundwater of the Parisian Basin on the one hand, and the Seine by way of the Loing River on the other hand. It’s a very well-marked path (#7), through an unspoiled natural environment. This track can also be done on horseback or mountain bike. It is listed on the departmental walking and hiking map (PDIPR) established by the department of the Yonne.
For more walks, use our search engine.
The GPS track and description are the property of the author.