Beautiful hike in the Normandy countryside, passing through Gonneville-sur-Mer and the Houlgate golf course to the ledge and view of the coast from the orientation table.
Calculated time is computed with the distance, the height difference, and an average speed of 2.2 mph. For an intermediate walker, this time includes small breaks.
Leave from the car park at Houlgate Casino.
(D/A) Leave towards the south-east on Avenue du Sporting, crossing the children's play park (toilets). Turn left on to Rue Marchal de Calvi, then take the right. At the end, turn left on to Rue Jean Vasnier, then right on to Rue Louis Tillaye, veering to the left to climb the steps.
(1) Take the right in the housing estate onto Chemin des Sycomores. Pass the roundabout and veer left. At the end, take the path blocked by a green barrier, which you must go around on the left-hand side, in order to go down Chemin des Genêts, then turn lleft to join up with the D513 (take caution) again.
(2) Follow the road on the left-hand side and at the next crossroads, cross over and take the Chemin des Egrillards.
(3) Turn left on to the D24, then right on to Chemin des Rouges Terres. Cross over the railway and continue along the path straight on uphill for 2500 m, passing in front of the Château de Dramard.
(4) Turn left at a right angle and continue straight on, going downhill and then uphill.
(5) Follow the Route Neuve to go straight over at the crossroads and go back down towards the church in Gonneville by turning left on to Route de Dozulé.
(6) Take the left opposite the car park. 200 m later, veer to the right on to the path and follow it.
(7) Turn left on to route D142a and, after 300 m, veer to the right on to the Chemin de l'Aumône. Cross the D24 and cross the railway line to carry on alongside the golf course.
(8) Go along the D513 for 300 m uphill (be careful), follow the road and take the left at an acute angle on to the Chemin de la Montagne. At the crossroads, continue straight onwards on the Chemin des Egrillards heading downhill. After the cemetery, veer to the right due north, climbing uphill.
(9) Veer to the left, then after 250 m, still to the left, on to Route de la Corniche (D163).
(10) Continue due west on Chemin du Sémaphore to arrive at the orientation table and admire the view.
Then go down the steps to return to the car park by the seaside (D/A).
D/A : km 0 - alt. 12m
1 : km 0.96 - alt. 84m - Take the right into the housing estate
2 : km 2.19 - alt. 40m - Go along the D513
3 : km 2.81 - alt. 30m - Turn left D24
4 : km 4.59 - alt. 136m - Veer to the left - Drochon (fleuve)
5 : km 5.64 - alt. 125m - Cross the Route Neuve
6 : km 6.69 - alt. 81m - Take the left opposite the car partk
7 : km 7.31 - alt. 84m - Turn left on to route D142a
8 : km 9.1 - alt. 110m - Go along the D513 for 300 m
9 : km 10.97 - alt. 114m - Veer to the left
10 : km 11.85 - alt. 108m - Continue due west on to Chemin du Sémaphore
D/A : km 13.13 - alt. 12m
We advise taking IGN maps with you on this walk. Click here to buy : 1612E, 1612OT, 1711OT, 1712SB.
Visorando and this author cannot be held responsible in the case of accidents or problems occuring on this walk.
The GPS track and description are the property of the author.