Lovely walk from Ladybrook Valley to Lockgate Farm along Macclesfield Canal.
Calculated time is computed with the distance, the height difference, and an average speed of 2.2 mph. For an intermediate walker, this time includes small breaks.
(D/A) This walk begins in Ladybrook Valley car park in Middlewood. Take the footpath to Macclesfield Canal and turn right. Continue down the canal until reaching Lyme View Marina.
(1) Turn left across the bridge and head on towards Lockgate Farm.
(2) Turn left at Lockgate Farm and head diagonally up across the field towards the stile. Redacre Hall Farm is on the left. Turn right at the stile onto Simpson Lane and then turn left at Shrigley Road.
(3) At a left bend in the road take the footpath straight ahead towards West Parkgate. Continue up the hill and turn left along the track towards Green Farm.
(4) Turn right at Green Farm and take the steep footpath up the hill into Lyme Park and then on towards Platt Wood Farm.
(5) Turn left down the track towards Platt Wood Farm and then follow the track on the right back towards the canal.
(6) Cross the canal and follow the footpath back to the start of the route.(D/A)
D/A : km 0 - alt. 150m - Ladybrook Valley
1 : km 4.19 - alt. 159m - Bridge
2 : km 4.81 - alt. 181m - Lockgate Farm
3 : km 5.8 - alt. 194m - Left bend
4 : km 6.77 - alt. 209m - Green Farm
5 : km 7.37 - alt. 237m - Track towards Platt Wood Farm
6 : km 9.63 - alt. 160m - Canal
D/A : km 10.26 - alt. 150m - Ladybrook Valley
Visorando and this author cannot be held responsible in the case of accidents or problems occuring on this walk.
Sample both the Macclesfield and Peak Forest Canals, returning via Disley Golf Course.
Lyme Park is administered by the National Trust. The grounds are free to enter on foot, but a fee must be paid to enter the house.
A surprisingly varied route visiting a former industrial site now converted to a popular nature reserve, and sampling both the Macclesfield Canal and Middlewood Way.
A route that takes in the delights of the countryside surrounding Lyme Park
Lyme Park in Cheshire is popular with visitors yet this walk explores quiet paths and tracks to the south of the Country Park. Navigation is generally easy and the reward for your efforts are some fine views.
This Cheshire walk explores Lyme Park and the lanes around Disley. Most of the route is within the boundaries of the Peak District National Park.
This Peak District walk starts from Lyme Park and explores the moors lying to the south of this grand stately home. There is a short section of road walking along a quiet country lane.
The Gritstone Trail runs for 56 km through the Cheshire countryside, west of the Peak District, from Disley to Kidsgrove. This first stage starts at Disley Station, goes through Lime Park and up to the Bow Stones, over Sponds Hill (410m), past Bollington and on to the Saddle of Kerridge (over White Nancy), Tegg's Nose and down to Langley. At this point, this route leaves the trail to drop down to Macclesfield past The Hollins.
For more walks, use our search engine.
The GPS track and description are the property of the author.