A circular walk through ancient woodlands and along pretty single track roads to reach the spectacular Divach Falls
Calculated time is computed with the distance, the height difference, and an average speed of 2.2 mph. For an intermediate walker, this time includes small breaks.
(D/A) From Drumnadrochit Tourist Information car park, head right (South) along the A82.
Take the first right (West) onto Pitkerrald Road. You will be following way markers for the Affric Kintail Way at first.
(1) Turn left (South West) at a fork 200m along. The road soon becomes a rougher track and enters Craigmonie Woods.
(2) Stay on this main track through the woods for almost 1km until emerging at some houses. Turn right (South West) to walk along the edge of the residential area - signposted ‘Balmacaan Walk’.
(3) After 140m, at a fork, keep right (West).
(4) At the end of this track turn left (East) to follow the blue and white way markers to a gate.
Go through the gate then turn right (South West) and follow this track as it zig zags down to a single track road.
(5) Turn right (South West) onto the road - signposted ‘Dhivach’ on a 3-way directional post.
Stay on the road for 1.5km as it crosses the River Coiltie and winds it’s way steadily uphill to Divach Falls car park.
(6) Go through the gate in the car park, as directed by the signpost 'Dhivach Falls 300m'.
(7) Follow the pleasant woodland path down to the waterfall viewpoint.
Retrace your steps to the car park then back down the single track road to the 3-way directional post (5). This time continue ahead (North East) in the direction of Drumnadrochit.
(8) Stay on this residential street - Balmacaan Road - for 1.3km to reach the A82.
Turn left (North West) and walk along the roadside pavement to return to Drumnadrochit Tourist Information car park (D/A)
D/A : km 0 - alt. 31m - Drumnadrochit Tourist Information car park
1 : km 0.58 - alt. 45m - Fork
2 : km 1.66 - alt. 74m - Signpost ‘Balmacaan Walk’
3 : km 1.79 - alt. 84m - Fork
4 : km 2.25 - alt. 92m - Gate
5 : km 2.5 - alt. 85m - 3-way directional post
6 : km 3.71 - alt. 151m - Gate at Divach Falls car park
7 : km 3.94 - alt. 144m - Divach Falls viewpoint
8 : km 6.82 - alt. 39m - Junction with A82
D/A : km 7.47 - alt. 30m - Drumnadrochit Tourist Information car park
For more information and a walk review, visit Gillian's Walks
A mixture of surfaced roads and woodland trails. Some gentle ascent and descent.
Visorando and this author cannot be held responsible in the case of accidents or problems occuring on this walk.
After an extended walk around Craigmonie Woods, quiet country roads lead you to Divach Falls.
This walk takes is located in the Inverness and Lock Ness areas. It takes you through the hidden huts and art in the Abriachan Forest, up to the Can na Laitire which gives you nice views over Loch Ness before coming back past two interesting huts hidden in the landscape and the famous Great Glen Way.
This easy walk takes you through the Abriachan Forest in the quest for huts, tree houses, and wildlife. It is an ideal walk for families.
An incredible walk bringing you up to 360° views all over Loch Ness and Loch Nam Breac Dearga surroundings.
Gentle walk into the woods with some views of the Loch Ness.
An easy circular walk along the Moniack Burn. Reelig Glen is home to some of the tallest trees in Britain and as you walk through this mossy woodland, you can't help but feel small compared to the massive fir and spruce trees towering above you. Information boards dotted along the trail offer ID opportunities and some fun facts.
For more walks, use our search engine.
The GPS track and description are the property of the author.