This walk takes in Bollington Village, Macclesfield Canal and White Nancy along Kerridge Hill.
Calculated time is computed with the distance, the height difference, and an average speed of 2.2 mph. For an intermediate walker, this time includes small breaks.
(D/A) Start the walk by parking on Grimshaw Lane and follow the road down to the bridge under the canal. Walk up the steps on the left to the canal and turn right.
(1) Follow the canal and turn left at the third bridge and follow the well marked footpath towards Swancoe Lane.
(2) Turn right at Kerridge Road and left onto Rainow road. Continue up the steep hill.
(3) Turn left into Lidgett's Lane. The footpath up Kerridge Hill is on the right. Follow the footpath up the hill and then along the ridge to White Nancy. Enjoy the wonderful views.
(4) Take the steep footpath down from White Nancy onto Redway Lane and turn right.
(5) Turn right at Jackson Lane and follow the road around to the left into Grimshaw Lane and back to the start of the walk.(D/A)
D/A : km 0 - alt. 159m - Parking on Grimshaw Lane
1 : km 1 - alt. 164m - Third bridge
2 : km 3.44 - alt. 207m - Kerridge Road
3 : km 4.3 - alt. 252m - Lidgett's Lane
4 : km 6.37 - alt. 268m - White Nancy
5 : km 6.91 - alt. 195m - Jackson Lane
D/A : km 7.89 - alt. 159m - Parking on Grimshaw Lane
Visorando and this author cannot be held responsible in the case of accidents or problems occuring on this walk.
Global average : 4.33/5
Number of opinions : 1
Description quality : 4/5
Routemap quality : 4/5
Walk interest : 5/5
Global average : 4.33 / 5
Date of walk
Description quality : Good
Routemap quality : Good
Walk interest : Very good
lovely walk with variety of terraine canals and views, really enjoyed this walk. We went a bit wrong at the end, but hey ho, we saw things we wouldn't have seen had we taken the correct path. Lovely late lunch at the Bulls Head too.
A rewarding walk to a local country park with superb views over the Cheshire Plain and Peak District.
Short but full of interest, this is a perfect evening stroll to Bollington’s most famous landmark.
Mostly level walking, with an extension to a pretty wooded lake with fine views from the adjacent hills.
Nice walk from Rainow and around Lamaload Reservoir.
This delightful walk beginning in the pretty village of Prestbury.
Riverside walking with a variety of historic May be muddy in places. Several style buildings and pleasant farmland views.
Fine views and supernatural associations. Fairly strenuous.
Village, riverside and woodland walking with a historic church and a dog-friendly short-cut.
For more walks, use our search engine.
The GPS track and description are the property of the author.