This pleasant circuit offers beautiful views of the town of Villeneuve-sur-Yonne, thanks to its small climbs. The path across woodland provides shade on one-third of the route during sunny weather.
Calculated time is computed with the distance, the height difference, and an average speed of 2.2 mph. For an intermediate walker, this time includes small breaks.
(D/A) From the car park that runs along the Hôtel de Ville, walk up the promenade that follows Boulevard Marceau. Cross Rue Carnot and continue on the promenade, on the opposite side.
(1) When you get to the school, turn left into Rue de la Cornillate, then left again into Rue de la Grosse Pierre.
(2) Turn right into Rue de Dixmont (D15). Go under the RD606 bridge.
(3) Just after the bridge, on the right, go up the tarmac ramp, which runs parallel to the RD606 road.
(4) Turn left onto the grass path that goes up to the Bois de Saint Martin and crosses it (red and white markings, and yellow markings). Don’t take the paths that lead into the woods.
(5) At the end of this road (the end of the markings), take the path that goes right to go down to Villeneuve-sur-Yonne.
(6) At the television mast, we recommend you make a detour (250m) taking the path that leads there, to enjoy an exceptional view of Villeneuve-sur-Yonne. Continue going down. At the bottom of the descent, turn right to join the original route.
(4) Go straight ahead.
(3) Turn left and go under the bridge.
(2) Turn left into Rue de la Grosse Pierre, then turn right into Rue de la Cornillate.
(1) With the school on your left, turn right and join Boulevard Pierre Larousse. Cross Rue Carnot to get back to the car park (D/A).
D/A : km 0 - alt. 73m - Hôtel de ville car park
1 : km 0.38 - alt. 77m - Intersection at the school
2 : km 0.68 - alt. 78m - Rue de la Grosse Pierre / Rue de Dixmont crossroads
3 : km 0.94 - alt. 76m - Intersection after the bridge
4 : km 1.1 - alt. 87m - Intersection towards Bois de Saint-Martin
5 : km 2.87 - alt. 167m - Intersection leaving Bois de Saint-Martin
6 : km 3.91 - alt. 155m - Detour towards television mast
D/A : km 5.77 - alt. 73m - Hôtel de ville car park
An easy trip, with a short regular climb, to reach the heights of Villeneuve-sur-Yonne. The route is mostly in shade, as it is in the woods for a third of the circuit.
For your safety, avoid this route during the traditional hunting season from 1 October to 28 February.
When walking in the woods and forests you must stay on the paths; any wandering inside a wood (even when it belongs to the local commune) is prohibited. Be careful.
Visorando and this author cannot be held responsible in the case of accidents or problems occuring on this walk.
Saucil beach in summer.
Boat trips on board the "Flipper" boat.
Sound and lights show in summer.
Reserved for walkers and cyclists, this easy loop in a calm setting will allow you to explore the Sens vine conservatory comprising more than 600 plants of 30 grape different varieties, before returning via the banks of the Yonne. Along the way, you’ll also find a sports circuit with gym apparatus, and a golf driving range.
Set off on a tour through the historic centre of Sens to discover the many tourist attractions of this beautiful city.
For more walks, use our search engine.
The GPS track and description are the property of the author.