A circuit through plains and undergrowth in the heart of Caux passing through the charming hamlet of Veraval.
Calculated time is computed with the distance, the height difference, and an average speed of 2.2 mph. For an intermediate walker, this time includes small breaks.
Start at the calvary car park right at the edge of the D5 coming from Yvetot, in front of the old school.
(S/F) Take the road up to the church and head around it in the direction of Bermonville (D110).
(D/A) On leaving the village, turn right on Route des Deux Villages towards Bermonville (D240).
(1) Arriving in a curve to the left, go straight the GR211 "Chemin du Petit Bois". The latter makes a 90° turn to the right and into the undergrowth. Turn left towards the D5.
(2) Follow this road to the left for 150 m up to Ferme du Moulin and then turn right towards Ferme du Bois Hébert. At the farm, turn right and follow the road around the buildings.
(3) At the edge of the bottom of the valley, turn left taking the small path along the edge for 100 m, then take the path to Rocquefort (GR211c).
(4) At the church, follow the road to the right, then turn right again immediately at the events hall. Cross the village and continue towards Autretot. Pass by the calvary on the right and the coast of Haiguette, continuing straight ahead for 50 m.
(5) Take Route des Joncs Marins on the right. The road continues on the road through the plains.
(6) At the end of the path, take the D110 to the right towards Hautot-le-Vatois leaving the GR211c.
(7) At the intersection, turn left on Route des Fermes, continue straight past the castle (8). A little further on, take the Rue des Chasseurs right and continue straight. The route continues on a footpath behind a house.
(9) Follow this footpath to its end then turn left onto the road heading downhill. 100 m further down, take the second road on the right. At the end of the path, head across the street named "Chemin de la Côte". 100 m further on, again take a narrow path on the left, just after a large property with a wooden gate (10).
At the end of the footpath, turn left and continue straight down. At the first forked crossroads, continue straight and then, at the bottom of the descent, turn right towards the edge of the woods and reach the D110.
(11) Veer to the left and then right at Route d’Yvetot to return to the starting point (D/A).
D/A : km 0 - alt. 118m
1 : km 0.39 - alt. 130m
2 : km 1 - alt. 126m
3 : km 1.88 - alt. 111m
4 : km 3.76 - alt. 99m
5 : km 4.47 - alt. 124m
6 : km 5.21 - alt. 127m
7 : km 6.85 - alt. 128m
8 : km 7.78 - alt. 133m
9 : km 8.42 - alt. 136m
10 : km 9.82 - alt. 132m
11 : km 10.75 - alt. 115m
D/A : km 11.4 - alt. 117m
We advise taking IGN maps with you on this walk. Click here to buy : 1809OT, 1810SB, 1910SB.
Visorando and this author cannot be held responsible in the case of accidents or problems occuring on this walk.
Pass in front of the property of a famous person.
A circuit between forests, marshes and towpaths along the Seine. If you'd like to, don't hesitate to visit Brigitte, who collects lions and tigers (safely of course!).
For more walks, use our search engine.
The GPS track and description are the property of the author.