Start: The Mulberry Inn, Llwynmawr, Llangollen LL20 7BB
(S/E) From the car park entrance of The Mulberry Inn turn left, passing between stables. Follow the lane South-East uphill, bending left then right after 150 metres or so. Climb more steeply to pass a house.
(1) At a fork, take the righthand turning. Continue climbing, and follow the road right and left around a restored farm (Cae-mor). Another steep section leads up to the B4579 Selattyn Road.
(2) At the road junction turn right. The B-road descends to cross a stream, then rises up the other side.
(3) Pass a turning on the right (a potential shortcut back to the Mulberry Inn) and continue along the road ahead. At a house called Bedlwyn with the date 1856 in brick, a narrow lane on the right provides another potential shortcut. Ahead, the B4579 descends to cross another stream (the Nant Iorwerth) below a house, and is then crossed by a bridleway (a third possible shortcut).
(4) At the next junction, turn right onto a narrow lane between hedges. This passes below a wood and a couple of
houses before crossing the Nant Iorwerth again at the foot of the bridleway you crossed earlier.
(5) At a road junction by a house called Pentre Garth, carry straight on (signposted Llwynmawr) back to The Mulberry Inn. (S/E)